Samsung Group

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Resume was taken by HR from Job Portal.
2. Within 1 week , i was called for an Interview , F-F , no Phonic.
3. 3 Face to Face rounds , by lead , manager and H.R.
4. Provided with Hard copy of offer letter within 10 days.

Interview Question – Very easy questions, related to Testing Concepts, Coding , and was asked to write test cases for some Test Scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Gave little less then what i asked for , but it was ok . So i Accepted.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Good, as two technical rounds happened

Interview Question – Writing code for each of the question on Hibernate and Spring   View Answer

New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Samsung Group.

Interview Details – The hiring process gives more stress on programming abilities. Written test in C , C++ ,Java is conducted for candidates having less than 5 years of experience. Cutoff is now made 50% (earlier it was 40%).
After clearing written test, 2 or more rounds of interviews are conducted. Interviews are usually focused on the job requirement, programming and design patterns.
There can be multiple rounds of technical interviews with different teams so its important to be patient and give your best in each one of them.

Interview Question – In the written test some questions were compiler dependent.   View Answer

Interviewed at Samsung Group

Interview Details – Resume and interview, background check

Interview Question – Skill description   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in July 2008.

Interview Details – Just asked about the previous projects.

Interview Question – previous project.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview rounds were brief and easy.All basic qns on C/C++

Interview Question – Macro and linked lists   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate well ask for good salaries

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – As the requirement for very specific.It was just 1:1 technical dissuasion followed by a manager round and HR.The technical was exact match for the DRM domain so much was related to the technology.
But there were question on basic C also like linked list function pointer etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – yes.Negotiate as mush as possible.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Samsung Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was for a position in Samsung information systems, Bangalore. Earlier I was interviewed (6 months ago) by Samsung India software operations and I was not offered the job. SISO interview was extremely easy (fresher level C qsn) but after a few questions, I was asked questions in Linux, like the API prototype for message passing, bash commands, makefiles and such even though I had mentioned I had not worked on Linux. The interviewer was was very specific that I know those things and apparently any expertise in OS concepts in general like synchronization, file systems, virtual memory and such seemed of no importance at all. It got me thinking that if I should really join a team that places so much emphasis on code and not on algos/concepts.

This time,for Samsung information systems, Bangalore, the HR called me and sent me an interesting job description saying that they were looking for people good in 2D games, graphics, algos and problem solving. I told her that last time I was shortlisted for requirement that did not match my skill set and I wanted her to be sure this time regarding the requirements. I had 1 round of F2F interview after which the manager came and told me that the job requirement was for device drivers and was reluctant to take my interview. He had a very unprofessional behavior and asked me completely nonsense questions for which he also did not know any answer. when leaving I got completely frustrated and decided never to give a damn for this company. Few days later the HR tried calling but I did not respond to her.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I am not sure if they had rolled out an offer. I just did not want to know about the interview status.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – Two technical followed by HR, asked to write programs on C , some DSP fundamental as there in mail.

Interview Question – Where you see yourself in time to come?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Samsung Group in February 2008.

Interview Details – First Hr called and scheduled a telephonic interview, then telephonic interview.

if selected in telephonic interview, then schedule a 1:1 interview.

Technical and HR interview

Offer :):)

Interview Question – find out if the nth bit of a number is set or not.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no much choice. just accept what they offer

Worked for Samsung Group? Contribute to the Community!