Samsung Group Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted application form through email. I got the job notice from a newspaper. After few months they asked for written exam. Exam was in c programming language and competitive test. After the written exam they called for viva.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Group

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group (Hyderābād (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Good, as two technical rounds happened

Interview Questions

• Writing code for each of the question on Hibernate and Spring   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

The hiring process gives more stress on programming abilities. Written test in C , C++ ,Java is conducted for candidates having less than 5 years of experience. Cutoff is now made 50% (earlier it was 40%). After clearing written test, 2 or more rounds of interviews are conducted. Interviews are usually focused on the job requirement, programming and design patterns. There can be multiple rounds of technical interviews with different teams so its important to be patient and give your best in each one of them.

Interview Questions

• In the written test some questions were compiler dependent.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Resume and interview, background check

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

interviewed at Samsung Group (Bangalore (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

1. Resume was taken by HR from Job Portal. 2. Within 1 week , i was called for an Interview , F-F , no Phonic. 3. 3 Face to Face rounds , by lead , manager and H.R. 4. Provided with Hard copy of offer letter within 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions, related to Testing Concepts, Coding , and was asked to write test cases for some Test Scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave little less then what i asked for , but it was ok . So i Accepted.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung Group (Bhubaneswar (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Don't over estimate the company.So go easy.They ask standard question. Prepare for obvious questions. They took one screening test called SAT(samsung aptitude test). after that they take 2 round of technical interview.and one round of HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Project i worked and C++ basic question.Question from STL. Questions from My college project.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group (Bangalore (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was for a position in Samsung information systems, Bangalore. Earlier I was interviewed (6 months ago) by Samsung India software operations and I was not offered the job. SISO interview was extremely easy (fresher level C qsn) but after a few questions, I was asked questions in Linux, like the API prototype for message passing, bash commands, makefiles and such even though I had mentioned I had not worked on Linux. The interviewer was was very specific that I know those things and apparently any expertise in OS concepts in general like synchronization, file systems, virtual memory and such seemed of no importance at all. It got me thinking that if I should really join a team that places so much emphasis on code and not on algos/concepts. This time,for Samsung information systems, Bangalore, the HR called me and sent me an interesting job description saying that they were looking for people good in 2D games, graphics, algos and problem solving. I told her that last time I was shortlisted for requirement that did not match my skill set and I wanted her to be sure this time regarding the requirements. I had 1 round of F2F interview after which the manager came and told me that the job requirement was for device drivers and was reluctant to take my interview. He had a very unprofessional behavior and asked me completely nonsense questions for which he also did not know any answer. when leaving I got completely frustrated and decided never to give a damn for this company. Few days later the HR tried calling but I did not respond to her.

Interview Questions

I am not sure if they had rolled out an offer. I just did not want to know about the interview status.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in July 2010.

Interview

Two technical followed by HR, asked to write programs on C , some DSP fundamental as there in mail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group (Bangalore (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview rounds were brief and easy.All basic qns on C/C++

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate well ask for good salaries

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Samsung Group (Bangalore (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

There was an Aptitude Test to begin with. It was pretty easy. The shortlisted candidates were asked to sit for a Technical Test which consisted of C Questions - all multiple choice. This one was slightly tricky as you required speed and accuracy. There was negative marking for wrong answers. Following that, they shortlisted 12 candidates, all of whom had to go through technical and HR rounds.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about my previous project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation took place as it was a campus placement drive