Samsung Group Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2013.

Good, as two technical rounds happened

Interview Questions
  • Writing code for each of the question on Hibernate and Spring   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Group

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group.

The hiring process gives more stress on programming abilities. Written test in C , C++ ,Java is conducted for candidates having less than 5 years of experience. Cutoff is now made 50% (earlier it was 40%).
    After clearing written test, 2 or more rounds of interviews are conducted. Interviews are usually focused on the job requirement, programming and design patterns.
    There can be multiple rounds of technical interviews with different teams so its important to be patient and give your best in each one of them.

Interview Questions
    • In the written test some questions were compiler dependent.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Resume and interview, background check

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2012.

1. Resume was taken by HR from Job Portal.
    2. Within 1 week , i was called for an Interview , F-F , no Phonic.
    3. 3 Face to Face rounds , by lead , manager and H.R.
    4. Provided with Hard copy of offer letter within 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy questions, related to Testing Concepts, Coding , and was asked to write test cases for some Test Scenarios   Answer Question
    Gave little less then what i asked for , but it was ok . So i Accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group in September 2010.

The interview was for a position in Samsung information systems, Bangalore. Earlier I was interviewed (6 months ago) by Samsung India software operations and I was not offered the job. SISO interview was extremely easy (fresher level C qsn) but after a few questions, I was asked questions in Linux, like the API prototype for message passing, bash commands, makefiles and such even though I had mentioned I had not worked on Linux. The interviewer was was very specific that I know those things and apparently any expertise in OS concepts in general like synchronization, file systems, virtual memory and such seemed of no importance at all. It got me thinking that if I should really join a team that places so much emphasis on code and not on algos/concepts.

This time,for Samsung information systems, Bangalore, the HR called me and sent me an interesting job description saying that they were looking for people good in 2D games, graphics, algos and problem solving. I told her that last time I was shortlisted for requirement that did not match my skill set and I wanted her to be sure this time regarding the requirements. I had 1 round of F2F interview after which the manager came and told me that the job requirement was for device drivers and was reluctant to take my interview. He had a very unprofessional behavior and asked me completely nonsense questions for which he also did not know any answer. when leaving I got completely frustrated and decided never to give a damn for this company. Few days later the HR tried calling but I did not respond to her.

Interview Questions

I am not sure if they had rolled out an offer. I just did not want to know about the interview status.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in July 2010.

Two technical followed by HR, asked to write programs on C , some DSP fundamental as there in mail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in May 2010.

The interview rounds were brief and easy.All basic qns on C/C++

Interview Questions
    Negotiate well ask for good salaries

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in February 2010.

There was an Aptitude Test to begin with. It was pretty easy. The shortlisted candidates were asked to sit for a Technical Test which consisted of C Questions - all multiple choice. This one was slightly tricky as you required speed and accuracy. There was negative marking for wrong answers.
    Following that, they shortlisted 12 candidates, all of whom had to go through technical and HR rounds.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about my previous project.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation took place as it was a campus placement drive

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in December 2009.

it was very cool...to start with they ask some personal details to make u fell comfortable and gradually u will be going to the actual technical phase.I am an MTech student they asked me abt the project first and then slowly the related subjects ,basics....Ex;Explain any basic processor architecture u know,wats the cache....etc and they asked to write a C code for linked list problem...i wrote it..writing a complete code is essential here and is the key

Interview Questions
    • Linked list...how to know whether a linked list has a loop?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in July 2008.

Just asked about the previous projects.