Samsung Group Interview Questions in Seoul

Updated Apr 19, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Overall, it was a good interview process. First, there was the Samsung Aptitude Test. The HR interview involved questions to check personal information,communication skills and career goals. Questions asked in the technical interview were interesting, such as asking about projects I was involved in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2014.

Interview

1 Test and 1 Interview in Korea. Test called SSAT is pretty easy and relatively scored. So if you apply to popular position, you should get very high score on the test. Interview was very plain.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2014.

Interview

Two interviews in one day. One on your skill and the other on yourself overall. Since I was applying for marketing interns, they give us 3 or 4 types of question which I can choose from on marketing strategy. And then it was required to submit marketing strategy in 30 minutes and after that i did presentation in front of 3 interviewers. And there was a test after two interviews on the personality. It was not very hard and the interviewers overall try to relax candidate. It was 3 to 1, 3 interviewers and 1 interviewee. One interview takes around 30 minutes but in total it takes about two and a half hours. And I was almost the first who took every interviews so it will take around three or four hours on average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

There are three steps during the hiring process: Admission review, technical interview, and manager interview. During 20 minutes technical interview, applier should give a presentation about what they have experienced in the field they apply in. Three or four committers asked about it. But they were not that difficult. In manager interview, chief managers may ask you about your backgrounds and may want to find out how well could you be fitted in the company and the department as well. For example, "if your supervisor keep asking you to do much work than you expected in previous week and you think you don't have enough time to handle all them up, what would you do ?" or "Do you have any plan to study more in graduate school?"

Interview Questions

• There's no tricky questions. Most of them are within the average level.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

It took almost 7-9 months to get the offer on the table. There were several interview rounds (3-4 rounds with business managers/leaders + 1 presentation, 1 with 4 HR managers). Just stay confident about your skills and motivations, and be passionate about the company. Be positive and show intercultural sensitivity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tough salary negotiations with HR in Korea. Hang in there and stay persistent with your salary expectations until the end.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Interview

Initial HR phone interview. Communication in English from their side was not good. Difficult to understand. Initial interview includes some easy background check and querying about previous projects, work, technical platform used. Most question was from CV details. Some basic algorithm question. Post based technical question. Behavioral question. HR interview lasted up to 40 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2012.

Interview

You need to go to their website and fill out a application form. You hear back within 2 weeks, and you will be able to travel to your interview. I was applying to be an intern, so I needed to take a writing test and have group and individual interview. Afterward, they would tell you more about the summer program.

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2012.

Interview

face to face with 3 other people from different area.

Interview Questions

due to the time pressure

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2012.

Interview

e-mail application process and scheduling for the interview

Interview Questions

• life changing experience and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

because of the school

Entry Level/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied in Korea. Had to take a test, which was similar to standardized tests you take in high school. The "personality" portion of the test seemed bogus. They ask you random questions about how you would act in specific circumstances, but it is obvious to see what the preferred answers are, independently of whether or not your behavior matches what you are responding. Was then called in to the interview at the facilities one hour south of Seoul. Rather than a professional interview to extend your career, it felt like the entire process was patronizing. They basically treat new recruits like children.

Interview Questions

• They expected us to give a summary of a case study and to provide some kind of strategy to an issue that they present, but there is no concrete information given.   Answer Question