Samsung Group

Getting the Interview

31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Samsung Group.

Interview Details – Applied in the college career fair, it took several weeks to get back to me. There are 2 rounds of phone interview, and coming after that is 1 onsite interview. It's located in south bay area. The interviews are not so difficult. One need to be very familiar with what's listed on the resume. Moreover, some basic programming questions and knowledge questions are also asked. The onsite process is long, so have a good sleep before it comes!

Interview Question – A search question which uses recursion   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Group in February 2008.

Interview Details – interview was good

Interview Question – what is your experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Greater Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited through Campus placements. The interview rounds were simple, brief and to the point where both HR and Technical areas were given equal weight-age

Interview Question – Few Technical Questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very simple. They shortlisted us based on our resume(yup, they came for campus placements) then they took 2 interviews(both personal, nothing technical)

Interview Question – If you have done interesting projects and internships and topper in your class, you will be hired.   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and interviewed at Samsung Group.

Interview Details – 0. Personality test and IQ test
1. phone interview including oral english test, making an appointment for face to face interview.
2. face to face interview. Give a presentation about your research to three or more engineers and team leader.
3. two weeks later, it is the HR interview to know your career willing and plan.
4. two weeks later, HR will negotiate with you about the salary.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work here for long term? Do you have a plan to work for university in future?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got another better offer.

Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group.

Interview Details – Seen job posting at bdjobs.com , applied , after months got mail and phone call to attend written examination. Examination was on Java, Android. Most were basic questions. After, the examination , few days passed then they called for interview. In interview 3 were present, one was department head, one member from HR and one from java expertise.

Interview Question – If you have to work long hours , even at night regularly, would you agree to do the job   View Answer

Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group.

Interview Details – I got laterally hired . The interview process included first round of C programming then technical round was all about the project which I did in last company It was mainly LTE.

Interview Question – no tough question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was good

Very Easy Interview

Chandigarh (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Samsung Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is pathetic, first they will hire any domain person and then you will work for few months on that domain, and later they will put you in some other domain project. Managment is very partial, favorites are given good ratings, hard work and honesty not recognized

Interview Question – Do not think of joining Smasung Noida, because it is brand name and only good company in north india with decent pay, once joined, you will cry due to bad work, culture, new firing policy in the name test(technical evalution) on montly basis, so can be any time be fired   Answer Question

Interviewed at Samsung Group

Interview Details – The interview was held in the college itself. Initial round was aptitude test. Questions were easier but the time was very limited. After the selection from the first round people entered the technical interview round. Some people were rejected of this round. Final few entered the HR round and almost all could clear that round.

Interview Question – Only one question was asked and that was a difficult question   View Answers (2)

Interviewed at Samsung Group

Interview Details – firstly there was written technical 50 questions, 25 on c,c++ and 25 on java 160 seated 40 cleared for the interview , i know knowledge is wat u sud hav to achieve success but in present scenario most of us who are serious about our carrier possess dat wat u need at samsung interview is stroke of luck or you sud be expert in ur field coj interview will be taken by different guys . finally 11 selected.

Interview Question – i was from cs branch and he asked me questions from flip flops, implementing encryption and decryption techniques .   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Group

Worked for Samsung Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Group Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Group employees and interview candidates.