Samsung Group Interview Questions in Suwŏn, Kyonggi

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group in May 2011.

All that matters is how strong is your resume !!
    They do their primary filtering with the resume, and so, If you get selected for interview, chances are VERY HIGH you will get selected.
    The first round is the technical interview, which is very easy..only verbal questions. No solving problems/puzzles, algos, and writing code. It is ridiculous to some extent.
    Second round is panel interview with VPs etc executives. Again, a general discussion of why one wants to work in Samsung, in Korea, what are your plans etc..

I did not.
    I got a 25% hike (without including the bonus!) over my past salary here in Korea.
    However, now I hear, I could get much if I opt for a job in US with the same quals/exp.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in March 2011.

A complete panel including experts from different fields and an HR interview you thoroughly as per your presentation of your experience, project work, course-work, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between Linux CPU scheduler and basic round-robin   Answer Question

FPGA Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in January 2011.

Being currently emloyed, I found a vacancy I was interested in. Using vacancy description data I found a person from appropriate department and then using company's database I found that person's contacts. I sended him my CV and received a replay in which he proposed me to arrange an interview. I was not asked to prepare something special, but I have prepared short form presentation on my experience. The interview by itself was quite informal, two managers have beeing representing the company. They were pretty surprised because of my presentation and they said that they are satisfied by my level. There was no any kind of tests at all, just explanation of my work and descussion of their work area. I had a possibility to watch an office, lab, work places and so on.

Interview Questions
    • What will happened when you tell your current employer that you are going to leave?   Answer Question

My current employer has proposed me a better new contract.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group in May 2010.

I applied for an engineer position in March, 2010 through Samsung’s website. Their HR team contacted to me after approximately two weeks by e-mail and notified me that they want to interview me during the Samsung’s job fair in my home city. The interview took place almost two months later and they asked me just basic questions about my education, past job experience and some technical questions. At the end of this interview, they told me that I would be notified about results later. Again, after about two weeks, their HR team called me and asked to prepare some short presentation (for 10-15min) and assigned the date of next interview with technical specialists. My second interview was approximately 30min long including my presentation for 15min. After my formal presentation, they asked me about ten questions mostly related to my past projects. The interview was not very difficult. At the end, they asked me if I am interested in a one year contract as a Process Engineer in South Korea. I confirmed my interest and they invite me for two days trip to South Korea for my final interview. I prepared my extended presentation and brought it on the interview. The interview took about one hour and I was asked maybe twenty questions after that. Not all of them were technical questions. They also asked me what I know about South Korea, I am going to come with my family or alone, what I am interested in. Next day, they made a job offer to me (one year contract).

Interview Questions
    No negotiations at all. The salary is fixed but they offer a lot of additional bonuses.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group in June 2009.

Resume filtering

Interview Questions
    • None, 7 interviewers including big shots like VPs but no tech questions   Answer Question
    none

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group in February 2007.

0. IQ test/ Personality test (paper/ online)

1. technical interview : 4 technical manegers/ 30 minute of presentation

2. Conversation test

3. Group discusstion

4. CEO interviews : 3 CEOs

Interview Questions
    • Explain and present your achievement at the graduate school.   View Answer
    none.