Samsung India Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Samsung India Electronics in August 2013.

Interview Details – Had a couple hour long technical interview with senior technical guy. Most of the time, was explaining my past projects, challenges and technologies I have used. Gave few programs to concentrate on performance on the algorithm.

Interview Question – Challenges faced and how did you overcome.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Gave a position and package below my expectation and during HR discussion I have again stressed on my expectation and got the designation and increment in package( but, not as much as demanded)

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Raurkela (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung India Electronics in July 2012.

Interview Details – Technical Round - C++ basics. File Handling. OOPs concepts. Programming Skills. Basics of C. Examples of OOP concepts.
HR Round - Questions about personality. how did college life influence you . etc.

Interview Question – Complete software life cycle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, fix salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung India Electronics in January 2012.

Interview Details – written - it contains quant & reasoning it is tough
interview technical - basic datastructure , c , operating system
hr - normal hr ques , why you want to join company

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung India Electronics.

Interview Details – Through campus placement

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and interviewed at Samsung India Electronics.

Interview Details – There were 2 technical 1 to 1 interview, 1 managerial and 1 HR interview. I was interviewed for C,C++ development, So first round of technical interview was C, Next round was C++. Additionally they asked about memory architecture, basics of operating system, . Interview was easy, just need to brush up your technical skills.

Interview Question – no such difficult questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer || Interview

Software Engineer ||

Interviewed at Samsung India Electronics

Interview Details – Oncampus recruitment
Firstly they shortlisted students on the basis of CPI>7
Then took a samsung global aptitude test. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of score

Till now 50 students were selected for further rounds.

Then they took technical + HR interview of shortlisted candidates and gave offer letters to 10 out of 50 shortlisted

Interview Question – Give an example when you had worked under pressure & had handled it well   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung India Electronics in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted for interview by the HR who were terse and largely disinterested in individual candidates.

The interview itself was not well managed. 50 candidates in one room in one day. The HR were not able to keep track of who should be called next. They had not been able to segregate people based on their technical profiles, so were asking each of them individually before sending them to the correct technical interviewer.

The technical person had a clear idea about what he was looking for. Asked me about design concepts. I did not know design patterns at the time but he did not care. He still managed to test my design skills by making me write interfaces and class hierarchies.
Asked me a few algorithmic questions, most of which I answered. He took time to ask me about my personal projects and showed genuine interest in all of them.

He then gave me a form to fill, which was an indication that he had selected me. There were no other real rounds. Just a bogus HR interview after this, which seemed mostly a sanity check. It mostly just contained random generic questions about my existence so far.

There was no discussion related to salary (probably needs to be initiated by candidates).

Interview Question – Nothing was out of the world difficult. There was one which was largely open ended: "Write the methods you would implement in a slider widget."   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung India Electronics in August 2013.

Interview Details – The process consisted of written examination followed by 2 interview rounds.
Written consisted of only aptitude, the level of questions asked are good one. One must be good at aptitude, it mainly consisted of 25Q of LR and 25Q of DI with time limit of 1hour.
It is solely the barrier one have to cross.
Followed by this the technical interview was of normal level , one with basic data structures knowledge could clear it. HR round was also very light with questions like "Tell me about your self" , your strength and weakness , why do you want to join our company

Interview Question – There was no such difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no option of negotiation. Salary offered was fixed

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Noida (India)

Interview Details – Aptitue test,Technical test, Technical Interview, HR Interview

Negotiation Details – I was fresher no negotiation phase

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Senior Software Engineer II
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Samsung India Electronics in January 2012.

Interview Details – if you are from good college like NIT, then they can hire you even without interview.

Interview Question – there was not any difficult interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they will give you offer based on your interview.
Please discuss carefully every component of offer letter , samsung HR are cheaters.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung India Electronics

Worked for Samsung India Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung India Electronics interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Samsung India Electronics employees and interview candidates.