Samsung India Software Operations

Average Difficulty
95 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was good. The process was also very good.1 telephonic interview, 4 face to face interview round and 1 HR interview.
The complete process was quite organized and systematic.The Hr and interviewer very very helpful .

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was a written test, then followed by three rounds of Face to Face technical and finally HR. At last there was a telephonic VP round. Interview process was good but too lengthy, almost 2 months.

Interview Question – Nothing as such, found them asking questions on technical concepts and questions from Resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in May 2013.

Interview Details – Had applied through university. Cleared the test based on C programming. Shortlisted and asked to come to Bangalore. Cleared the aptitude test. Then the technical interview (1:1) started. The interviewer seemed to be prejudiced. My background was EC and the interviewer wanted a CSE/IT engineer. After the question hour, the interviewer said your knowledge in your stream is good but that wouldn't be sufficient for the 'testing' job. 'We want someone who can test or debug the products' or in other words..'software background'. The wrong part of the process being that few engineers with a similar background to mine and possessing just the basic knowledge of data structures were selected. All in all, an eye opening experience.!

Interview Question – Asked normal questions and few details about projects mentioned in the resume. Asked about software testing and concepts related to that, of which I had no clue. Then the interviewer checked my testing skills on a general scenario. Few questions related to the applicant's background. Asked me to rate myself in time management. I said '7.5'. Interviewer's reply : 'It means excellent' and then asked me to ping him every 5 minutes. First half an hour went well, then as and when I pinged, the interviewer didn't like it. Then WTH did the interviewer ask me to do that. Interview lasted around 1hr 15 mins.!   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in May 2013.

Interview Details – One written with 40% cut off and two technical rounds. after that one programming round but these candidates were already selected.
written test: simple java tricky mcq ques.
tech interview 1: java related simple questions n 2-3 programs
interview 2: DS on linked list n stack.

Senior Technical Manager Interview

Senior Technical Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was lucky to have a good interviewer who was very understanding and focused on concepts. Interview was very friendly. But overall process was not so good. There was no room booked for interview. One we found was in terrible shape. I was really surprised to see X-Ray scanners in a software development center.

Interview Question – Samsung interview in general is very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You need to bargain really hard.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in February 2010.

Interview Details – 3 levels of interview, Descriptions of Algorithms in wireless MAC 802.11 protocols, Power saving mode, embedded implementation, C/C++ knowledge, coding, testing, MPEG codecs, optimization. knowledge of NW protocol stacks like TCP, IP, UDP were tested

Interview Question – presentation of simulation results for 802.11 wireless protocols   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview Details – 4 rounds was there 3 were technical and one HR round
Initial two rounds took some 1-2 hrs.
Good interviewers. Asked questions based on real time problems and technical stuffs.
Interview results shared on the same day through call.

Interview Question – All questions were not much difficult.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a referral. I got a call from them for the F2F Technical Round-1. When I went there, they took the written test first.

There are basically 4 rounds:
1. Objective written test
2. Technical Interviews
3. Software Competency Test
4. HR round

I'll explain each round one by one.
1. Objective written test - This round consists of 30 MCQs-1 hour. The choice of language is yours. Either C or C++ or Java. Any of the three. The level of questions is average. not too easy, not too tough. If you've read the complete reference for C++ or Java or some basic book for C and have gone through the interview questions at famous websites, you'll be through this round. The cut-off is 50% as far as I know, not sure.

2. Technical Interviews: The number of rounds of technical interview is not defined. They took my 2 technical rounds. I applied for the SSE profile in Graphics domain so they asked me a number of questions on Graphics (OpenGL) from the basic concepts to the insights. Then they ask you the questions related to the language you're comfortable with. For me, it was C/C++ so questions were on Operator and Function overloading, Polymorphism, Inheritance, Virtual pointer table etc. They'll ask you to write the programs. Other than this, the questions were on Data Structures and Algorithms. They asked me to write some programs on linked list. For e.g. reversing a singly linked list, finding a loop in a singly linked list. Other than this- reversing a string without using any if-else statement or any loop, questions on bit-wise operators etc.
They asked a few questions on trees as well (Binary Tree, BST).

3. Software Competency Test - You'll be given a simple problem related to colors and you'll have to write a program in any language you want (C/C++/Java) in 3 hours! Yes, 3 hours for a basic program. They just want to be assured you can write a program :P

4. The last round and the final round is HR. This is usually a telephonic round. It's just to negotiate the salary.

Yes, I got the offer and I accepted it. :) :)

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in April 2013.

Interview Details – Written qualifying technical test based on the java (the job opening was for java/android), then Face to face 3 technical round of interviews, of moderate difficulty and then followed by the manager round, again based on few technicality based stuff and rest job / team overview and then HR round.

Interview Question – The questions were Fairly balanced.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer they made was the final and they didn't changed it or negotiated it.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. technical test ( collegewise test, then they call their office based on cut-off)
2. Apti( 50 questions 60 mins time)
3. technical interview ( one or two round depending on your ability)
4.hr ( only formality ).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung India Software Operations

Worked for Samsung India Software Operations? Contribute to the Community!