Samsung India Software Operations

Samsung India Software Operations Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

Written Round consisting of C and Aptitude.
    It had 20- C questions and 20 Aptitude questions.
    The time was 1 hour.

In the technical round..It was face to face for about 30 mins

i was asked about bubble sort and the Projects I had done in my Colleges

After that HR asked me about the Company and I had few questions like

what are your hobbies , what i sthe platform you like to work upon etc etc

I was offered a decent package of 5.5L pa with additional bonus based on team performance

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in November 2010.

Interview

Basic C questions, if you can make a tree in C/C++ you will sail through. If you are applying as an experienced candidate be sure to prepare for the specific domain you have applied to

Negotiation

Applied with 3 months of experience so not much room to negotiate. Was told I would be assigned a project with immediate travel to Korea. Didn't travel at all in my 3 years there.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

2 technical rounds 1 hr round interview was very cool it was not that difficult at all.
    HR was very cool thay had asked me data structures oops concept and software engineering concepts

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

1. Technical C/C++/Java paper MCQ type
    Technical paper in either of these languages, I opted for C++, medium level difficulty
    2. GSAT : quantitative and analytical paper
    As I had experience less than 6 months, so I had to go though GSAT paper
    3. Technical round - 1
    Questions were based on arrays and sorting. Puzzles like egg break, minimum weighing 8 balls etc
    Black Jack implementation
    4. Technical round - 2
    Questions were based on linked list, and surprisingly priority queue.
    Discussion on implementation of linked list.
    5. HR round
    Regular HR questions, I guess this was just formality, and HR himself wasnot much interested.

Interviews were largely easy only, just maintain your composure and prepare basic arrays, sorting , data structures well. GSAT was harder than all the rest of the process.

Interview Questions

• basic C/C++ questions and question on arrays and linkedlist   Answer Question

SSE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

Telephonic 1 round- asked compilers , cross compilation, asked to tell a program code w/o writing it.
    written 1 round - basics of OS, programmings, I tough problem was given
    face to face 2 rounds- very tough interview, please be thorough , otherwise you will lose it.
    HR 1 round- easy- basic Qs, y you want to change, salary , expectations

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures, stack, Queue , linkedlist, tree, graphs, projects etc etc.   1 Answer

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

One written Round. Followed by 2 technical and 1 HR round.
    A very general and simple interview.
    Questions on the projects done.
    Written round was on C.
    The interview went smoothly. First round they check the interest area and basic knowledge on the same.
    Then they send to the second panel of Interviewers. In second round they check the basic understanding of concepts and asked me few questions on the challenges faced. Went on for about 3 hours.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

Written test,2 technical rounds,1 Manager round and HR .I didnt feel much difficult in intervew.
    Written is purely technical and should be strong in basics.
    Technical rounds are average.If you are good at basics you can crack very easyly

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You should negotiate your salary and on joining bonus.
    I didnt know this and got less.

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

Its on QA, asked on Basic java, basic programs, previous work details.
    Puzzle: Box problem
    Programs: Read and write a file, reverse sttring
    Java : files, exceptions, and collections.
    Testing: Testing types, automation frame work, etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

1 written round (Aptitude and Technical objective), Followed by 3 rounds of F2F interview , 1 online coding test. HR discussion.
    More emphasis will be given on coding, problem solving, Algorithms, Data structures

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

It was average.They ask basic of C and data structure.Aptitude round was bit tough.At last there was HR round which was just the formality. They also ask some info about project

Negotiation

NA