Samsung India Software Operations

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

The interview was easy. I was referrel candidate, however almost 50 people are there. All are having 6-7 months of experience.
First it was a C and C++ written objective test . The cut off generally goes high as much as 40 out of 50 questions.
Interview was easy, happened only for 5 mins

Interview Questions
When I told them I am expecting a range 30% to the present salary, he told me why should I give such hike, because you have applied for the job, not Samsung asking you to join..
Rubbish talk.

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung India Software Operations

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Surathakal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surathakal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in August 2013.

Campus recruitment @ National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal

First round: C apti (Most of them got through)
    Second round: G apti- General aptitude: logic, data interpretation, etc.( speed is important, Around 40 go through)
    Technical Interview: Resume walkthrough(good GPA probably helps), Discussions about your projects, Questions generally in your field of interest, No puzzles were asked, Simple questions, Interview not stressful in comparison to other companies.
    HR Interview: General, why this company and stuff like that, Your three preferences among the eight divisions( open source, embedded systems, 4G, etc.)
    11 were selected and 6 more were on the wait list. (Later the waitlisted ones also got through)

Note: Samsung India Software Operations(SISO) has now been renamed as Samsung India R&D Bangalore(SIRB) and some research oriented projects on your resume might help.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember any unexpected questions. Some questions asked in the technical interview were:
      Application where UDP used
      BFS, DFS questions
      Sorting questions, (Remember to ask nature of input and other initial conditions. Don't jump to answers)
      Heap related question
        Answer Question

Wanted to pursue higher studies. Currently a MS student at Georgia Tech.

Software Engineer Interview

If you Clear there GSAT (i dont know proper name) then thats it.
    Their HR persons takes the technical interview round then and being HR not much is asked by them.

Software Engineer Interview

First apti round,hosted on Cocubes .I must say the test format of Cocubes was absurd.60 questions in 60 mins.The level of questions was not easy.No negative marking.Seriously ,what were they trying to judge on this stupid test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in May 2013.

Had applied through university. Cleared the test based on C programming. Shortlisted and asked to come to Bangalore. Cleared the aptitude test. Then the technical interview (1:1) started. The interviewer seemed to be prejudiced. My background was EC and the interviewer wanted a CSE/IT engineer. After the question hour, the interviewer said your knowledge in your stream is good but that wouldn't be sufficient for the 'testing' job. 'We want someone who can test or debug the products' or in other words..'software background'. The wrong part of the process being that few engineers with a similar background to mine and possessing just the basic knowledge of data structures were selected. All in all, an eye opening experience.!

Interview Questions
    • Asked normal questions and few details about projects mentioned in the resume. Asked about software testing and concepts related to that, of which I had no clue. Then the interviewer checked my testing skills on a general scenario. Few questions related to the applicant's background. Asked me to rate myself in time management. I said '7.5'. Interviewer's reply : 'It means excellent' and then asked me to ping him every 5 minutes. First half an hour went well, then as and when I pinged, the interviewer didn't like it. Then WTH did the interviewer ask me to do that. Interview lasted around 1hr 15 mins.!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in April 2014.

1. technical test ( collegewise test, then they call their office based on cut-off)
    2. Apti( 50 questions 60 mins time)
    3. technical interview ( one or two round depending on your ability)
    4.hr ( only formality ).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in October 2011.

1.aptitude test
    2.technical test
    3.technical interview
    4.HR interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in December 2012.

one written test - aptitude, programming quests.
    2 face to face each around 1.5 to 2 hrs
    1 programming quest of 2hrs duration on machine.

Interview Questions
    • C, C++ , data structures and questions much related to relevant project at university level. and also extra project or coding stuff you had done.
      also on previous work experience.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in April 2009.

Writtent round of C & C++. followd by a technical interview. Finally a HR interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project which haunted you like anything and you could not sleep for days   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations in March 2012.

Webkit Developer was the positing they where looking for
    1. Telephonic round
    2. Technical Test (c,c++)
    3. Face 2 Face Interview
    4. Manager interview
    5. Machine test
    Question was based on problem solving
    Algorithms ,complexity of the same

Interview Questions
    • Write a program similar to minesweeper game ,How many click required to empty the box from given input   Answer Question

Worked for Samsung India Software Operations? Contribute to the Community!