Samsung India Software Operations

Unclaimed Profile

Samsung India Software Operations Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

Written Round consisting of C and Aptitude.
It had 20- C questions and 20 Aptitude questions.
The time was 1 hour.

In the technical round..It was face to face for about 30 mins

i was asked about bubble sort and the Projects I had done in my Colleges

After that HR asked me about the Company and I had few questions like

what are your hobbies , what i sthe platform you like to work upon etc etc

I was offered a decent package of 5.5L pa with additional bonus based on team performance

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung India Software Operations

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

It was average.They ask basic of C and data structure.Aptitude round was bit tough.At last there was HR round which was just the formality. They also ask some info about project

Negotiation

NA

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Chennai (India)).

Interview

I went via Elitmus exams.After getting short listed , first round was written wit aptitude and c questions.Then 1 round of technical round for 40 mins and 1 HR round for 10 mins.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was campus placement drive. One Aptitude test followed by written technical test, technical interview and finally HR interview. All those who got more than the already fixed cut-off marks were allowed to sit further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Asked everything whatever was written in resume and too in depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was campus placement so no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

There were three rounds in total.
    first was a written round completely based on c. All questions were objective type.
    Then First face to face round. They asked about C memory map, difference between global and static variables, volatile keyword. Program for string reversal (both recursive and iterative implementation),
    How to get to middle node of linked list in one go. basic binary search tree problems

Second round was more like a managerial round.
    They asked only two tricky questions based on structure size (basic understanding of bit padding was tested) and union size and pointer understanding.
    Both questions could be answered easily if one has good knowledge on C.

Interview Questions

• Actual question had many print statements and more messy pointer combination but here i m concentrating on the most interesting one-

function1()
      {

int a =10, b=5 ,c=3;

int *p = &a;

int *q = &b;

int *r = &c;

function 2 (p,q,r);

print a , b c // guess what will be the value
      }

function2 (int *p , int *q ,int *r)
      {

*p = 20;
        q++;

*q = 100;

// bla bla bla

}

so guess what will be printed for a ,b and c.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not Negotiate. However if u are a good negotiator . u can literally get "whatever" amount u want . These days they are paying really good salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Delhi (India)).

Interview

Each round was an elimination round.I was in 6 months-1 Year experience group.
    1) Aptitude Written Test: Questions from Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.Need to solve questions with good speed.
    2) Technical Written: Everyone was allowed to chose one language from C,C++,Java.I chose C.
    Test included 30 questions of objective type and time duration allotted was 60 minutes.Question were of moderate level.
    3)Technical Interview-I and II Questions:
    1.Tell me about your project in which you have worked.Then there were more questions from my project.Project overview and conceptual knowledge is asked.
    2.He drew a tree with some nodes,asked me to make a postorder traversal of it.then asked to write a program for postorder traversal of binary tree using recursion.
    3.Given a puzzle. A cuboid is given. Needed to find shortest distance(traversing on the surface) between diagonally opposite points of cuboid.
    4.How to find a number is power of 2,using bitwise operator.
    5.What is cache miss?
    6.What are minor device number and major device number?
    7.What is system call?What is mmap system call?
    8.Who does conversion from virtual address to physical address?
    9.Storage classes in C.
    10.Memory layout of a program.
    11.What is segmentation fault?Reason for its occurrence?
    12.prototype of malloc?Write a wrapper function for malloc,whose return type is void.
    13.Dereferencing a void pointer,correct or not,why?
    14.What are semaphore,mutex?What is differnce between them?
    15.Write program for your own sizeof operator.
    16.Given a string "10000000".Give a string which is 2'complement of it.
    17.What is priority queue?

I am forgetting some of questions.But they were from either C or OS.
    Hope this is helpful.

Negotiation

Then offer kept on hold.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung India Software Operations.

Interview

The interview was easy. I was referrel candidate, however almost 50 people are there. All are having 6-7 months of experience.
    First it was a C and C++ written objective test . The cut off generally goes high as much as 40 out of 50 questions.
    Interview was easy, happened only for 5 mins

Interview Questions

• What i your expected salary   1 Answer

Negotiation

When I told them I am expecting a range 30% to the present salary, he told me why should I give such hike, because you have applied for the job, not Samsung asking you to join..
    Rubbish talk.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Noida (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

first round consists programing aptitude. You can choose your Programming language. There were 20 questions.after that second round was technical.Question were on data structure, oops,and project related information.After that there was hr round.questions were like tell me about yourself,some puzzles.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

If you Clear there GSAT (i dont know proper name) then thats it.
    Their HR persons takes the technical interview round then and being HR not much is asked by them.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First apti round,hosted on Cocubes .I must say the test format of Cocubes was absurd.60 questions in 60 mins.The level of questions was not easy.No negative marking.Seriously ,what were they trying to judge on this stupid test.