Samsung Semiconductor

Samsung Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Worst interview experience with this company, the interviewers both were very unprofessional. One was late for 20 mins and the manager claimed he had a meeting and came after another 10 more mins late.

Both are unfriendly, aggressive, and the junior interviewer never smiled and looked tough. Went straight to ask some confidential questions about your current employer which made me feel very uncomfortable. More looked like they were trying to sneak out business information from interviewees,

In the end, I didn't even feel want to go go this company anymore just imaging how bad its corporate culture would be as these Korean people have no business ethic.

Interview Questions
    • How much your company is making in the US market, and what is the cost?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

They contacted me by phone to request an interview. (I do not know how they received my name or contact data. The company was very flexible in scheduling my interviews, which was great because I had a very strict schedule at the time. Interviews were friendly, but focused on past performance and achievements

Interview Questions
    • Significant discussions about past projects, my participation level, and my contribution. Nothing was really unexpected. Behavioral interviewing techniques were somewhat used   Answer Question
    Negotiated salary and bonus

Product Engineering Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

three steps of interviews covering: communication skills, personality, and technical knowledge
    but if you hold more than a master degree then just a presentation of your technical knowledge is required

Senior Staff Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Phone call from recruiter. Initial screening by hiring manager which lasted 30 minutes. Face to face interview by 3 team members and hiring manager. It took almost 4 hours of discussion. Final interview with VP on another day. Overall process took 2 weeks. Recruiter did a good job on arranging the time and providing multiple options for date and time.

Interview Questions
    • Not so difficult question that I remember.
      There were many technical question regarding static timing analysis - setup and hold, power planning, place and route issues for different tools and technologies.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in June 2014.

The recruiter was very nice made all the necessary arrangements before the interview . I am not even sure why Samsung has subsidiaries in the US because if you are not Korean or speak Korean you might as well not apply I heard this from previous candidates but me being the open minded person that I was decided to take a couple of hours off work and go to the interview anyway. One of the managers could not speak english fluently the other manager had to translate the questions back to me and they tried to squeeze a test in after the interview without prior notification which I had no problem with but the test was on a computer and it was in Korean I am not kidding. I did not hear a word from them after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Balance sheet questions, Statement of cash flows questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

One interview over the phone - lasted around 45 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and asked intelligent, interesting questions. The interview was not very deep, but quite broad. Nobody ever gave me the sense that they were trying to play rough or scare me or anything. They wanted to know if I would be successful with them and we had a successful group conversation on the subject. It was a solid interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were basic programming questions about using a debugger, experience with higher level scripting languages, etc.   Answer Question

Product Evangelist SSD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in February 2014.

I went through 2 in person interviews with various staff in the marketing group. Followed by 2 months of being told I was being made an offer and to be patient during the process. This included several calls back from the HR department during that time period. The end result was that I was told that I was being passed over.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were exceedingly simple. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Phone interview with HR. Hiring manager + 1 or 2 peers.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate advanced level of MS Excel skills. OK to do overtime for work and some errands for any headquarter events or visitors?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in September 2013.

Phone interview. Asked 4 questions.
    1. How to determine is 2^x, where x is an integer. (Should be very common)
    2. What is system service in Android. How does a system service determines correct caller?
    3. What is singleton.
    4. What is overload, override.
    5. How do you get smallest two number is an array.

Interview Questions
    • All of them should be fairly easy, but I did have some communication difficulties with the interviewer.   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

I was contacted by a HR explaining the role and booking for an initial Panel Interview. During the Panel Interview, I talked to 4~5 people. These questions are pretty straight forward, no curve ball.

Only slightly higher