Samsung Semiconductor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in June 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very nice made all the necessary arrangements before the interview . I am not even sure why Samsung has subsidiaries in the US because if you are not Korean or speak Korean you might as well not apply I heard this from previous candidates but me being the open minded person that I was decided to take a couple of hours off work and go to the interview anyway. One of the managers could not speak english fluently the other manager had to translate the questions back to me and they tried to squeeze a test in after the interview without prior notification which I had no problem with but the test was on a computer and it was in Korean I am not kidding. I did not hear a word from them after the interview.

Interview Question – Balance sheet questions, Statement of cash flows questions.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Physical Design Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Physical Design Engineer

Interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor

Interview Details – Phone call from recruiter. Initial screening by hiring manager which lasted 30 minutes. Face to face interview by 3 team members and hiring manager. It took almost 4 hours of discussion. Final interview with VP on another day. Overall process took 2 weeks. Recruiter did a good job on arranging the time and providing multiple options for date and time.

Interview Question – Not so difficult question that I remember.
There were many technical question regarding static timing analysis - setup and hold, power planning, place and route issues for different tools and technologies.
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview Details – One interview over the phone - lasted around 45 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and asked intelligent, interesting questions. The interview was not very deep, but quite broad. Nobody ever gave me the sense that they were trying to play rough or scare me or anything. They wanted to know if I would be successful with them and we had a successful group conversation on the subject. It was a solid interview.

Interview Question – All questions were basic programming questions about using a debugger, experience with higher level scripting languages, etc.   Answer Question

Product Evangelist SSD Interview

Product Evangelist SSD
Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went through 2 in person interviews with various staff in the marketing group. Followed by 2 months of being told I was being made an offer and to be patient during the process. This included several calls back from the HR department during that time period. The end result was that I was told that I was being passed over.

Interview Question – The questions were exceedingly simple. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Hiring manager + 1 or 2 peers.

Interview Question – Demonstrate advanced level of MS Excel skills. OK to do overtime for work and some errands for any headquarter events or visitors?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Android Developer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Asked 4 questions.
1. How to determine is 2^x, where x is an integer. (Should be very common)
2. What is system service in Android. How does a system service determines correct caller?
3. What is singleton.
4. What is overload, override.
5. How do you get smallest two number is an array.

Interview Question – All of them should be fairly easy, but I did have some communication difficulties with the interviewer.   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a HR explaining the role and booking for an initial Panel Interview. During the Panel Interview, I talked to 4~5 people. These questions are pretty straight forward, no curve ball.

Negotiation Details – Only slightly higher

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and meet 4 oneto one onsite

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
San Jose, CA

Interview Details – First contact was their recruiter who did a quick phone screening. A couple days later she called back for an on-site interview with the Department Managers who were looking to hire. I was called back the next day to come back for another on-site interview with potential co-workers and managers, and then one last interview with a couple other managers. Everybody was generally pretty nice and straight forward during the interview. Most of them spoke English pretty well, but some had accents (still understandable though). Overall communication between the HR department and I went really well and smoothly during the process. However, the position was closed before any further steps were taken, so that was a negative for me.

Interview Question – If you had 3 projects to do for 3 different managers, 1 that took 1 hour, 1 that took 2 hours, and 1 that took 3 hours, and you only had 3 hours to do all 3 projects, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in July 2011.

Interview Details – HR Co-ordinated the whole process. It was really good. There was 2 rounds of phone interview.following that I was called to meet the team for face to face to interview. There was a written test during the face to face.it consisted if 10 questions.it was bit annoying.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Semiconductor

Worked for Samsung Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!