Samsung Semiconductor

Samsung Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.9

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview

My interview process took about 2-3 weeks. First had a phone screen and then a few days later had a interview with 2 managers. After 1st in person interview, I then had a 2nd in person interview which was more of an Excel test. After the Excel test, it took about a week before I got an offer. Negotiation starts immediately so be ready.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavioral/Situational Questions
      They want to see if you can handle pressure

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview

Worst interview experience with this company, the interviewers both were very unprofessional. One was late for 20 mins and the manager claimed he had a meeting and came after another 10 more mins late.

Both are unfriendly, aggressive, and the junior interviewer never smiled and looked tough. Went straight to ask some confidential questions about your current employer which made me feel very uncomfortable. More looked like they were trying to sneak out business information from interviewees,

In the end, I didn't even feel want to go go this company anymore just imaging how bad its corporate culture would be as these Korean people have no business ethic.

Interview Questions

• How much your company is making in the US market, and what is the cost?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview

They contacted me by phone to request an interview. (I do not know how they received my name or contact data. The company was very flexible in scheduling my interviews, which was great because I had a very strict schedule at the time. Interviews were friendly, but focused on past performance and achievements

Interview Questions

• Significant discussions about past projects, my participation level, and my contribution. Nothing was really unexpected. Behavioral interviewing techniques were somewhat used   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated salary and bonus

Senior Business Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was given some hints about what the Open Innovation Center is doing and asked to suggest projects that would resonate with the targeted audience. The interview lasted some two hours and I was interviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would I communicate with their targeted audience?   1 Answer

Product Engineering Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview

three steps of interviews covering: communication skills, personality, and technical knowledge
    but if you hold more than a master degree then just a presentation of your technical knowledge is required

Senior Staff Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

Phone call from recruiter. Initial screening by hiring manager which lasted 30 minutes. Face to face interview by 3 team members and hiring manager. It took almost 4 hours of discussion. Final interview with VP on another day. Overall process took 2 weeks. Recruiter did a good job on arranging the time and providing multiple options for date and time.

Interview Questions

• Not so difficult question that I remember.
      There were many technical question regarding static timing analysis - setup and hold, power planning, place and route issues for different tools and technologies.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (Milpitas, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice made all the necessary arrangements before the interview . I am not even sure why Samsung has subsidiaries in the US because if you are not Korean or speak Korean you might as well not apply I heard this from previous candidates but me being the open minded person that I was decided to take a couple of hours off work and go to the interview anyway. One of the managers could not speak english fluently the other manager had to translate the questions back to me and they tried to squeeze a test in after the interview without prior notification which I had no problem with but the test was on a computer and it was in Korean I am not kidding. I did not hear a word from them after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Balance sheet questions, Statement of cash flows questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for a job and the next day I got called.
    Then, I interviewed with all team members on 1:1 basis; with 6 people. got a reply about a week later that the office is mot hiring a person for the position anymore. very fast well organized. But disappointed that i wasted my time

Interview Questions

• What is your strong points?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One interview over the phone - lasted around 45 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and asked intelligent, interesting questions. The interview was not very deep, but quite broad. Nobody ever gave me the sense that they were trying to play rough or scare me or anything. They wanted to know if I would be successful with them and we had a successful group conversation on the subject. It was a solid interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic programming questions about using a debugger, experience with higher level scripting languages, etc.   Answer Question

Product Evangelist SSD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I went through 2 in person interviews with various staff in the marketing group. Followed by 2 months of being told I was being made an offer and to be patient during the process. This included several calls back from the HR department during that time period. The end result was that I was told that I was being passed over.

Interview Questions

• The questions were exceedingly simple. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question