Samsung Semiconductor

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a HR explaining the role and booking for an initial Panel Interview. During the Panel Interview, I talked to 4~5 people. These questions are pretty straight forward, no curve ball.

Negotiation Details – Only slightly higher

San Jose, CA

Interview Details – First contact was their recruiter who did a quick phone screening. A couple days later she called back for an on-site interview with the Department Managers who were looking to hire. I was called back the next day to come back for another on-site interview with potential co-workers and managers, and then one last interview with a couple other managers. Everybody was generally pretty nice and straight forward during the interview. Most of them spoke English pretty well, but some had accents (still understandable though). Overall communication between the HR department and I went really well and smoothly during the process. However, the position was closed before any further steps were taken, so that was a negative for me.

Interview Question – If you had 3 projects to do for 3 different managers, 1 that took 1 hour, 1 that took 2 hours, and 1 that took 3 hours, and you only had 3 hours to do all 3 projects, how would you do it?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in February 2012.

Interview Details – Started with a phone call from the recruiter, just explaining the job and to just talk about myself. Then had an interview a couple days later with a sales manager. She is Korean and has a heavy accent but still understandable. No curve balls like I expected, very straightforward like, "What do you think you would be good for this job" "What are your strengths and weaknesses" They wanted someone who is very comfortable and familiar with basic excels skills because it involved a lot of data entry. I was asked back by the hiring manager 3 days later and interview with her, also heavy korean accent. I would assume if you speak Korean that you might fit in very well at Samsung, a Korean company...The second interview was just like the first one with very straightforward questions, something they do is just read your resume and have you breifly explain what you did and how it might be used at this job you're interviewing at.

Waited a week to hear back and I didn't get the job. My friend told me they hired a Korean guy. Just an observation, in no way am I saying they are biased in hiring by race, he must have known excel a little better than me, I hardly use the thing. But like I said, you might fit very well because a lot of the employees speak the language. Overall, very easy interview, good practice but I could tell it wasn't a good fit for me or the company.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor

Interview Details – HR called , set an appointment to come in to meet sales manager etc. Met with two people. They were nice. Questions pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Asked about current news of samsung, just keep up with their news   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in March 2012.

Interview Details – began with a phone call and a quick "why are you interested?" interview with HR. was called in for 1:1 interview with my "to be" manager and assistant managers. Was called back for second round of interviews with my "to be" team members. waited a week before they called and said i was their "lead candidate" and another week before they made an official offer.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – payed too little..

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Semiconductor

Worked for Samsung Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!