Samsung Semiconductor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Staff Physical Design Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Physical Design Engineer

Interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor

Interview Details – Phone call from recruiter. Initial screening by hiring manager which lasted 30 minutes. Face to face interview by 3 team members and hiring manager. It took almost 4 hours of discussion. Final interview with VP on another day. Overall process took 2 weeks. Recruiter did a good job on arranging the time and providing multiple options for date and time.

Interview Question – Not so difficult question that I remember.
There were many technical question regarding static timing analysis - setup and hold, power planning, place and route issues for different tools and technologies.
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview Details – One interview over the phone - lasted around 45 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and asked intelligent, interesting questions. The interview was not very deep, but quite broad. Nobody ever gave me the sense that they were trying to play rough or scare me or anything. They wanted to know if I would be successful with them and we had a successful group conversation on the subject. It was a solid interview.

Interview Question – All questions were basic programming questions about using a debugger, experience with higher level scripting languages, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and meet 4 oneto one onsite

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview Details – First contact was their recruiter who did a quick phone screening. A couple days later she called back for an on-site interview with the Department Managers who were looking to hire. I was called back the next day to come back for another on-site interview with potential co-workers and managers, and then one last interview with a couple other managers. Everybody was generally pretty nice and straight forward during the interview. Most of them spoke English pretty well, but some had accents (still understandable though). Overall communication between the HR department and I went really well and smoothly during the process. However, the position was closed before any further steps were taken, so that was a negative for me.

Interview Question – If you had 3 projects to do for 3 different managers, 1 that took 1 hour, 1 that took 2 hours, and 1 that took 3 hours, and you only had 3 hours to do all 3 projects, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in July 2011.

Interview Details – HR Co-ordinated the whole process. It was really good. There was 2 rounds of phone interview.following that I was called to meet the team for face to face to interview. There was a written test during the face to face.it consisted if 10 questions.it was bit annoying.

Interview Questions

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in February 2012.

Interview Details – Started with a phone call from the recruiter, just explaining the job and to just talk about myself. Then had an interview a couple days later with a sales manager. She is Korean and has a heavy accent but still understandable. No curve balls like I expected, very straightforward like, "What do you think you would be good for this job" "What are your strengths and weaknesses" They wanted someone who is very comfortable and familiar with basic excels skills because it involved a lot of data entry. I was asked back by the hiring manager 3 days later and interview with her, also heavy korean accent. I would assume if you speak Korean that you might fit in very well at Samsung, a Korean company...The second interview was just like the first one with very straightforward questions, something they do is just read your resume and have you breifly explain what you did and how it might be used at this job you're interviewing at.

Waited a week to hear back and I didn't get the job. My friend told me they hired a Korean guy. Just an observation, in no way am I saying they are biased in hiring by race, he must have known excel a little better than me, I hardly use the thing. But like I said, you might fit very well because a lot of the employees speak the language. Overall, very easy interview, good practice but I could tell it wasn't a good fit for me or the company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Samsung Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!