San Antonio

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Updated Jul 20, 2014

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio.

applied online, got hired immediately as temp, applied for several positions in diff depts. conducted phone interview followed by group interview with exec staff. received call few days afterwards with a job offer which i declined. accepted job offer after agreement reached during two more phone calls. the rest is history.

negotiate better salary always

Budget Department Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at San Antonio.

I applied online, went through an assessment, interview/presentation, and second interview. Interview and presentation process was a fun experience. There were no hard questions, and I am experienced with presentations, so I had no issues. Really thought I was going to get the job, but I didn't.

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio.

Competitive screening process by HR based on minimum requirements, 5-8 candidates selected for interview based on compatability with the existing team, extra skills that you can add to the department and your work experience. Master's degree preferred for senior management postings

Interview Questions
    • Questions specific to the department that you are applying to, research the department website and know the current programs and policies. Do your reasearch and get references and recommendations from somebody inside the City if possible.   Answer Question
    Very less, ususally offered the lowest base

Code Enforcement Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at San Antonio.

2 interviews before an offer

Interview Questions
    • agree with doing difficult things to people, say you don't have a problem with that but would try and find alternate solutions   Answer Question
    none, they don't negotiate

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio.

Application and resume submitted online. After about a month of waiting, called for an interview. After the interview, on of the members of the panel contacted me to inform me I had been selected. Unfortunately, Human Resources vetoed my application even after gaining the recommendation from the interviewing panel.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very straight forward and on topic about the work that would be done.   View Answer

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at San Antonio in March 2012.

Temp service

Interview Questions

I had to wait until new fiscal year in October 2013 - I received a permanent offer from the private sector

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio in August 2011.

the interview consisted of 2 upper managers and one section leader. they asked for examples of diferent situations on the first interview, then explanation about the job on the next. the first interview requires you to write an essay on planning so know your stuff. the second interview asks some questions on the second about expiriences but focuses on the job more.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at San Antonio in March 2009.

Had 2 interviews- match application perfectly to job requirements or it will be rejected.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation. They have salary caps

Pool Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at San Antonio in April 2008.

Simple process of applying online.

I called a week later to get an in person interview.

The 1:1 interview lasted 5 minutes. Simple questions relating to - Scenarios of customer service, scheduling, and basic safety methods.

After being accepted for the position some training was required.

Training lasted 3 days to get cpr and life guard certified.

Interview Questions
    • If you have customers who have children who are under the swimming training preferances - how do you handle the situation?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. There was a set pay rate.

Librarian II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at San Antonio in August 2012.

The application process involves a long online application and adding a resume is a must.
    The phone call I finally received after 2 weeks of waiting seemed last minute and I had only 1 of 2 slots offered for an interview on the very last day of interviews.
    Upon arrival at the inerview, I was made to wait 10 minutes while the interview team slowly got themselves back to the inerview room from lunch.
    I found myself dressed more professionally than some members of the interview team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was not really any particular question, but the fact that of the 10 questions asked 5-6 of them were multi-part questions and you had to ask the interview team to repeat themselves, hoping you would not lose track of what you were talking about at the time.   Answer Question