San Antonio Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX

Updated Jun 7, 2015

3.1

Library Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Submit Application, They give a quick phone interview just to learn a little about you. Then they set up a face to face interview. My interview had 3 people asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an upset customer?   2 Answers

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Competitive screening process by HR based on minimum requirements, 5-8 candidates selected for interview based on compatability with the existing team, extra skills that you can add to the department and your work experience. Master's degree preferred for senior management postings

Interview Questions

• Questions specific to the department that you are applying to, research the department website and know the current programs and policies. Do your reasearch and get references and recommendations from somebody inside the City if possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very less, ususally offered the lowest base

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Application and resume submitted online. After about a month of waiting, called for an interview. After the interview, on of the members of the panel contacted me to inform me I had been selected. Unfortunately, Human Resources vetoed my application even after gaining the recommendation from the interviewing panel.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very straight forward and on topic about the work that would be done.   1 Answer

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Every interview I did with SAPL was a panel style interview with 3-4 managers interviewing one candidate. It was a series of 10 or so questions. Expect to spend about an hour for the interview. Every question was a scenario type question that began with, "Tell about a time when you..." and you were expected to give examples from your work experience. I personally never did well with this style of interview because I found it difficult to think of specific examples from my work history "on the spot" and to articulate a good answer. Be aware that the hiring process for the City of SA is long and complex and takes a very long time (sometimes 6+ months from the time you apply to the time you interview to the time you hear the result of your interview) so hopefully you aren't in a hurry to get a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it. Tell about the professional accomplishment you are most proud of. Tell about a time when you had to give difficult news to an employee you supervised.   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Temp service

Interview Questions

I had to wait until new fiscal year in October 2013 - I received a permanent offer from the private sector

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

the interview consisted of 2 upper managers and one section leader. they asked for examples of diferent situations on the first interview, then explanation about the job on the next. the first interview requires you to write an essay on planning so know your stuff. the second interview asks some questions on the second about expiriences but focuses on the job more.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Three rounds of one-on-one interviews paired with one writing exercise administered during the second round interview. For the writing exercise, I was presented a proposed zoning change and was asked to write a short (1-page) zoning review for the Zoning Commission that included a recommended action. The drug test was only required once hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a difficult person? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Pool Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

Simple process of applying online. I called a week later to get an in person interview. The 1:1 interview lasted 5 minutes. Simple questions relating to - Scenarios of customer service, scheduling, and basic safety methods. After being accepted for the position some training was required. Training lasted 3 days to get cpr and life guard certified.

Interview Questions

• If you have customers who have children who are under the swimming training preferances - how do you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. There was a set pay rate.