San Antonio Water System Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at San Antonio Water System

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio Water System (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

SAWS has a list of questions that they ask for different departments. Most of them are typical interview question. Above & Beyond, what is your advantages & weaknesses?, etc. Project Engineer, EIT, HR were in the room. Most of the time if you can get in a conversation with them during the interview it breaks up the monotony of the process. It worked for me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. I was an intern. The rate was fixed.

Production and Treatment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at San Antonio Water System in June 2011.

Interview

Took 3 months from the application to walking through the door. Began with a phone interview which the HR rep at the time was hard to get ahold of after she asked me to call her back although she was very friendly when I did talk with her. It was a 4 panel discussion composed of an HR executive, the Director of the dept. I'd be working for, the Director of Customer Svc dept. and a Manager of one of the construction crew teams. Quite intimidating but very fair, a representative there from each dept. I'd most likely be working with.

Interview Questions

• Not having an extensive background of what I was applying for, I had to convince the panel how I would benefit SAWS with the other type of experience I held.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for more but was stated an offer by HR to take or leave it

Contracting & Purchasing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Antonio Water System in November 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by manager and director for the position on a Monday afternoon. Called me back next day for the 2nd set of interview (panel too) and took 2 weeks before the job offer because of the Thanksgiving Holiday. took almost 4 weeks for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you the specification is incomplete?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between FOB Destination and FOB Shipping Point. :-)   1 Answer