San Diego County Credit Union

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Department Position Interview

Marketing Department Position

I applied online and interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a position at SDCC and was not impressed. It was supposed to be a group interview but the hiring manager didn't show up because of an internal emergency and the person who interviewed me didn't really seem that interested or engaged. I was asked typical questions but when it came time to talk about the position, I just was not given a ton of samples of the type of environment I would be working in, or company culture, nor was I given very many details of what the day to day duties would be. It seemed like a very boring job from the way it was described (VERY different from the written description - as if it was a totally different position.)

I asked a lot of questions and they were answered straightforwardly but they were by no means trying to make the job sound appealing at all. I came in very enthusiastic about the position and left feeling like they already had someone in mind and I was an "insurance" candidate - or perhaps they were just filling their interview quota and already had someone internal in mind. It was pretty disappointing.

Interview Question – Typical questions taken from an interviewing website   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union in May 2010.

Interview Details – applied through human resources and was interviewed as internal candidate

Interview Question – name our top company goal   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation internal promotion

Management Interview

Management
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union in January 2008.

Interview Details – They communicated very thoroughly, and were prompt. Good questions throughout the interview process, asked applicable questions regarding actual job skills. Called back for 2nd interview, hired after reference check of the references I provided. Had to pass a background check, no big deal. Attended orientation on my first day, . Placed in my department after training was completed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I gave a salary range, and recieved an offer that was more that my current job. I have recieved a bonus annually, although there is nothing to guarantee that we will get one. We usually do. If you are in sales, you can be eligible for incentive, but my position is not.

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative
San Diego, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union in January 2009.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair held at the administrative office back in 2008 where I interviewed for a teller and Member Service Supervisor. The interview was held by a human resource specialist and took about 5 minutes. I received a call shortly thereafter for a second interview with the main HR person who no longer works for the company. That second interview took about an hour (or longer I can't remember) but I didn't hear back from the lady until I called nearly 2 weeks later, in which I was finally asked to accept the job and was offered the exact amount I requested on the application.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a difficult relationship with a customer and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate; I was given the amount I stated on my job application.

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union in March 2011.

Interview Details – Their interview process was quick. I dropped off the job application at their administrative office location and received a phone call for an interview with a HR personnel the very next day. My interview took about 30 minutes. I had to answer questions like "What were my strength and weakness?" and "Describe a time where I had deal with a difficult customer and how did I handle it." I thought I did well because toward the end of the interview, she told me who she is going to call for reference and asked when can I start. It been over a month and she has yet to call my references and I have yet to hear from the company, so I figured I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for San Diego County Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at San Diego County Credit Union interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by San Diego County Credit Union employees and interview candidates.