San Diego County Water Authority Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at San Diego County Water Authority

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority in August 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for an Appraisal Interview first. I had no idea what an Appraisal interview was. When I got there I interviewed with four people and only one of them worked in the HR Dept at SDWA. They asked 9 structured questions about specific job experience. From what I understand, the answers are weighted and the highest scoring candidates will be asked to come back for a final interview with the HR Manager and Director. I first applied one month ago, and I am supposed to hear about whether or not I qualified for the next interview by next week. I think that is pretty fast for a government job.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in recruitment and selection?   Answer Question
    • What was your most challenging situation in which you were counseling someone?   Answer Question
    • What did you do when you had to classify a rare position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I did not realize that it was an appraisal interview until it got under way. When interview was scheduled, the scheduler said she was calling to schedule me for an interview. I took that to mean a job interview, which was how I prepared for it. Had I known it was an appraisal interview, I would have prepared differently. It would have made a difference in the types of questions I studied beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Technical HR questions - what is your experience in such and such HR function?   Answer Question

Assistant Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was placed with SDCWA through a recruiting agency. I received an interview request on a Thursday morning and set my interview for the next morning. I interviewed with two people in the department I would be working in. Both interviewers were incredibly laid back, easy going & and very welcoming, which helped a lot seeing as I was a nervous wreck. The interview lasted about 20 minutes at most. Received a phone call within two hours after my interview from the recruiter saying SDCWA wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have doing (job duty) and ( another job duty)?   Answer Question
    • What job function/duty do you like the least?   Answer Question
    • What are your short term and long term goals for your career and how do you see them affecting your position here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A. Salary schedules and hours are not really negotiable as it is a public agency. However, SDCWA has the highest salary range when compared to the city, county, and other public agencies. More than fair!

Public Affairs Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied for the job through my career website at my college. Got a phone call from them the next week asking to come in for an interview. I did a writing test that lasted 20 minutes and did an interview in front of a panel of three people. They were very nice about it, but a little nervewracking interviewing in front of three people at once. They called me later that day asking what hours I was available to work and offered me the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with setting up large public outreach events.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate, the hourly rates are rigidly set since it is a public agency.