San Diego County Water Authority

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at San Diego County Water Authority

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at San Diego County Water Authority (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I did not realize that it was an appraisal interview until it got under way. When interview was scheduled, the scheduler said she was calling to schedule me for an interview. I took that to mean a job interview, which was how I prepared for it. Had I known it was an appraisal interview, I would have prepared differently. It would have made a difference in the types of questions I studied beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Technical HR questions - what is your experience in such and such HR function?   Answer Question

Assistant Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at San Diego County Water Authority (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was placed with SDCWA through a recruiting agency. I received an interview request on a Thursday morning and set my interview for the next morning. I interviewed with two people in the department I would be working in. Both interviewers were incredibly laid back, easy going & and very welcoming, which helped a lot seeing as I was a nervous wreck. The interview lasted about 20 minutes at most. Received a phone call within two hours after my interview from the recruiter saying SDCWA wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have doing (job duty) and ( another job duty)?   Answer Question
    • What job function/duty do you like the least?   Answer Question
    • What are your short term and long term goals for your career and how do you see them affecting your position here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A. Salary schedules and hours are not really negotiable as it is a public agency. However, SDCWA has the highest salary range when compared to the city, county, and other public agencies. More than fair!

Public Affairs Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at San Diego County Water Authority (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied for the job through my career website at my college. Got a phone call from them the next week asking to come in for an interview. I did a writing test that lasted 20 minutes and did an interview in front of a panel of three people. They were very nice about it, but a little nervewracking interviewing in front of three people at once. They called me later that day asking what hours I was available to work and offered me the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with setting up large public outreach events.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate, the hourly rates are rigidly set since it is a public agency.