San Diego Gas & Electric

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project/Program Manager & Estimator Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in November 2010.

Interview Details – The personnel was outstanding and knew how to perform and interview, by looking over my resume and talking about the job that i was going into.

Interview Question – All of the questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Administrative Associate
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in June 2011.

Interview Details – Rec'd phone call from HR asking for phone interview. The phone interview was mostly standard Q's verifying past employment data. About two to three weeks later, I rec'd a call from the manager asking me to come in for a panel interview. I was interviewed by three employees, who asked tough questions like "why should we hire you" and "tell us about a time when a manager was angry with you, how did you handle it" etc. They wanted SPECIFIC references to SPECIFIC things that happened in my employment past.

Interview Question – Be ready to state your EXACT dates of employment (when hired, when left) to the DAY. If you don't have this info, you can't move fwd in the process. Might be best to call your ex-employers and get them to pull up this data for you so you have it all set.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was nonexistent. I was told that they would match my current salary and nothing more. It was a brutal, take it or leave it situation. I was in need of a job, so I took the offer.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in May 2013.

Interview Details – Online application with internal referrer available;
Phone interview with HR;
Onsite interview with Hiring Manager;

Interview Question – 30 minutes presentation around the job functions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Vacation time and start date

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Electrical Engineering Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric.

Interview Details – Recruiters came to my university campus and I handed them my resume. I was called later that day and scheduled an interview for the following day. The interview was with a hiring manager and an engineer. They read off a list of questions and that's how the interview process went. The questions asked were your basic behavioral questions. After there questions I was asked if I had any questions for them.

Interview Question – They wanted specific details to all there random questions. Having to do this on the spot was nerve racking and I feel my answers were rushed.   Answer Question

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric.

Interview Details – I met a of couple engineers and HR at my college career fair, where I gave them my resume and talked to one of them.. That night they called me and asked me to come in for an on-campus interview the next day. The interview questions were all behavioral questions. A week later they called me to schedule an in-person interview at the headquarters in San Diego. There were 6 interviewers, including someone taking you to lunch. They were very friendly and welcoming. The questions varied from behavioral, technical, and conversational.

Never received an offer. I think it might have to do with the budget, so it's very disappointing.

Interview Question – What is the tertiary winding of a transformer used for   View Answers (2)

Associate Engineer Interview

Interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric

Interview Details – It was supposed to be an interview originally at college with the HR rep but I got called to SDG&E on-site because of a connection. Regardless, the process was the same. Asks about resume then the behavioral questions begin.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions you can look up on any site   Answer Question

Interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric

Interview Details – The interview process for Interns is pretty straight forward. The actual interview starts when you arrive early, they will have a member of the panel sitting outside the interview room. This person functions as an ice breaker that calms you down , but is also interviewing you. Once they are ready for you, you go in and have the actual interview. This will be an interview that is comprised of behavioral questions. These questions look for a response in the STAR format, situation, task, action, result.

Interview Question – Give an example where you were in a group and you had a member who was not producing, how did you deal with this situation?   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online. Got a call 7 weeks later. Interviewed 3 days later. There was supposed to be two interviewers, there were three. Interview was horrible and canned. They seemed to have no idea what they were hiring. Interview was behaviorial and stupid.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself on 5 years?   View Answer

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in November 2010.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview by 2 different people. They interviewed a couple of candidates for the position. The interview process was relatively simple. Most questions were too easy though, and not related to engineering. Nothing really exiting or interesting. Once the interview was done they told me they would call me back but they never did.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected it was for an electrical engineering position. They asked my I had chose electrical engineering and then why I wanted to work for them.   Answer Question

Pomona, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was suprisingly not technical at all. They explain to you that you need no technical knowledge but are seeing if you're a right fit for their culture. The questions consisted of general scenario questions and basic personality type questions. They have an HR Rep and two IT techs on their panel.

Interview Question – What was your proudest moment in life?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at San Diego Gas & Electric

Worked for San Diego Gas & Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at San Diego Gas & Electric interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by San Diego Gas & Electric employees and interview candidates.