San Diego Gas & Electric Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

3.2

Associate Engineer, Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in February 2015.

I met the recruiter at a university career fair and was scheduled for an interview the next day. I met with an HR representative and an engineer. They mostly asked behavioral questions about my work in teams and aspects of my resume.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you felt unmotivated to start a project and how did you manage to work through it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I have never been too fond of the Human Resources department. They took a long time from what I remember. the process took over 2 months. Once you are hired, there is an orientation you must attend and it lasted all day. They go over all the packages the company has to offer, etc

Electrical Engineering Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric.

Recruiters came to my university campus and I handed them my resume. I was called later that day and scheduled an interview for the following day. The interview was with a hiring manager and an engineer. They read off a list of questions and that's how the interview process went. The questions asked were your basic behavioral questions. After there questions I was asked if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted specific details to all there random questions. Having to do this on the spot was nerve racking and I feel my answers were rushed.   Answer Question

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric.

I met a of couple engineers and HR at my college career fair, where I gave them my resume and talked to one of them.. That night they called me and asked me to come in for an on-campus interview the next day. The interview questions were all behavioral questions. A week later they called me to schedule an in-person interview at the headquarters in San Diego. There were 6 interviewers, including someone taking you to lunch. They were very friendly and welcoming. The questions varied from behavioral, technical, and conversational.

Never received an offer. I think it might have to do with the budget, so it's very disappointing.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in May 2013.

Online application with internal referrer available;
    Phone interview with HR;
    Onsite interview with Hiring Manager;

Interview Questions
    • 30 minutes presentation around the job functions   View Answer
    Vacation time and start date

Associate Engineer Interview

It was supposed to be an interview originally at college with the HR rep but I got called to SDG&E on-site because of a connection. Regardless, the process was the same. Asks about resume then the behavioral questions begin.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral questions you can look up on any site   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interview process for Interns is pretty straight forward. The actual interview starts when you arrive early, they will have a member of the panel sitting outside the interview room. This person functions as an ice breaker that calms you down , but is also interviewing you. Once they are ready for you, you go in and have the actual interview. This will be an interview that is comprised of behavioral questions. These questions look for a response in the STAR format, situation, task, action, result.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you were in a group and you had a member who was not producing, how did you deal with this situation?   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in October 2012.

Submitted resume online. Got a call 7 weeks later. Interviewed 3 days later. There was supposed to be two interviewers, there were three. Interview was horrible and canned. They seemed to have no idea what they were hiring. Interview was behaviorial and stupid.

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in April 2012.

Submit application online and, if selected by HR and improved by hiring manager, an interview will be arranged. It took a long time to get a response; don't be discouraged! It took 7 weeks for me to get a call from HR.

I was told I would be interviewed by 2 people (my prospective boss and his boss), but there was a third person there when I arrived. He was their "technical" expert. All had the same list of questions to ask and took notes as I answered. It was nice, because it gave me a chance to relax and regroup as they were writing.

Interview Questions
    • For me, being asked the last technical solution I recommended and implemented. As a project lead, I count on my team to come up with technical solutions. I facilitate, organize, inspire. This is not a technical role although they want someone with a technical background.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in September 2011.

The interview was suprisingly not technical at all. They explain to you that you need no technical knowledge but are seeing if you're a right fit for their culture. The questions consisted of general scenario questions and basic personality type questions. They have an HR Rep and two IT techs on their panel.