San Diego Gas & Electric Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.2

CONTRACT AGENT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with two of department managers who I already knew and worked with. They each asked questions from a list they prepared. They were easy to talk with. They gave plenty of opportunity for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to their department   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in February 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a university career fair and was scheduled for an interview the next day. I met with an HR representative and an engineer. They mostly asked behavioral questions about my work in teams and aspects of my resume.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you felt unmotivated to start a project and how did you manage to work through it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I have never been too fond of the Human Resources department. They took a long time from what I remember. the process took over 2 months. Once you are hired, there is an orientation you must attend and it lasted all day. They go over all the packages the company has to offer, etc

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Just two steps involved, which is short for a corporate job nowadays. I was called in for an initial interview, which included a test of my skill set and going over some previous work samples I brought along. The second interview involved a colleague with whom I'd end up working frequently and closely, and that was it.

Interview Questions

• How I'd handle a communications crisis.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric.

Interview

Recruiters came to my university campus and I handed them my resume. I was called later that day and scheduled an interview for the following day. The interview was with a hiring manager and an engineer. They read off a list of questions and that's how the interview process went. The questions asked were your basic behavioral questions. After there questions I was asked if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• They wanted specific details to all there random questions. Having to do this on the spot was nerve racking and I feel my answers were rushed.   Answer Question

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I met a of couple engineers and HR at my college career fair, where I gave them my resume and talked to one of them.. That night they called me and asked me to come in for an on-campus interview the next day. The interview questions were all behavioral questions. A week later they called me to schedule an in-person interview at the headquarters in San Diego. There were 6 interviewers, including someone taking you to lunch. They were very friendly and welcoming. The questions varied from behavioral, technical, and conversational. Never received an offer. I think it might have to do with the budget, so it's very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• What is the tertiary winding of a transformer used for   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric in May 2013.

Interview

Online application with internal referrer available; Phone interview with HR; Onsite interview with Hiring Manager;

Interview Questions

• 30 minutes presentation around the job functions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Vacation time and start date

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

It was supposed to be an interview originally at college with the HR rep but I got called to SDG&E on-site because of a connection. Regardless, the process was the same. Asks about resume then the behavioral questions begin.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions you can look up on any site   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process for Interns is pretty straight forward. The actual interview starts when you arrive early, they will have a member of the panel sitting outside the interview room. This person functions as an ice breaker that calms you down , but is also interviewing you. Once they are ready for you, you go in and have the actual interview. This will be an interview that is comprised of behavioral questions. These questions look for a response in the STAR format, situation, task, action, result.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you were in a group and you had a member who was not producing, how did you deal with this situation?   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego Gas & Electric (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Got a call 7 weeks later. Interviewed 3 days later. There was supposed to be two interviewers, there were three. Interview was horrible and canned. They seemed to have no idea what they were hiring. Interview was behaviorial and stupid.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself on 5 years?   1 Answer