San Diego State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Onsite Interview around half an hour discussing about my strengths and weakness. What scope do I have to improve my skill matrix. What I can contribute towards the growth of the branch.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about database management? Web development and web page testing Servers, operating systems Interactive maps. programming skills and debugging skills   Answer Question

Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The application process was very intensive and did not require an interview. However, I would highly recommend meeting with the many professors within the department that you are applying to in order to get your name/face recognized with the board that will be doing the hiring. You are awarded the position simply based on your application and for those on the board that can speak on your behalf/testify to your skill set presented in the application.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

First you submit an application. The applications are distributed among the professors seeking a graduate assistant. If a professor approves your application, then that professor emails you or calls you to set up a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any classroom management experience? Can you handle a room of 100 students or more?   Answer Question
    • Please describe your research experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Brief interview regarding experiences and interest about the courses you have taken. also why you are applying or the Student Assistant ship position. How many hours will yo be available to work. check you F1 or student status

Interview Questions

• Have you worked before or had any experience before what courses have you taken untill now?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Filled out an online app through SDSU career website. I was emailed by Director for an interview. Went to interview and was given a general overview of the job and then was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult or unexpected questions, just asked if I was able to perform the duties as of me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. It was 9 and hour.

Network Student Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview. As a student position, they just want to see how well you do your research and how you handle the questions. They first ask general questions, then it gets more technical. Towards the end they ask about how you would handle certain scenarios.They would rotate on asking the questions. The interview was a lot more relaxed than I thought.

Interview Questions

Interview

applied. met with the course coordinator. She described the job tasks, asked my former experience, then asked if I would like to accept the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego State University.

Interview

I only had one interview. Overall the interview went really well.General interview questions were asked, overall experience, why you want to intern/work there, why you think you will be a great fit

Interview Questions

• General questions were asked and nothing seemed too difficult   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at San Diego State University.

Interview

The interview processed included a discussion with applicant on his interest and knowledge of the project prior to joining the project team, as well as discussion of prior laboratory experiences and past projects. Informal discussion followed by a sit-down interview. Hiring process included informing the applicant of project expectations, duration, and potential future projects.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your experience in analytical chemistry, and what are your suspected findings from the analysis of this project.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at San Diego State University.

Interview

You have to look into odds. Have to constantly look around for jobs and try to communicate and show your need for job.

Interview Questions

• As it is student assistant position nothing as far difficult or unexpected is asked.   Answer Question