San Diego State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at San Diego State University

Interview Details – Filled out an online app through SDSU career website. I was emailed by Director for an interview. Went to interview and was given a general overview of the job and then was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult or unexpected questions, just asked if I was able to perform the duties as of me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. It was 9 and hour.

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at San Diego State University in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 day interview process. Set questions and format in-line with the California State University system. Teaching presentation, research presentation, interviews with faculty committee, deans, and students. Before on-campus interview, there was a phone interview with the committee, check of references, submitting of several essays which summarized research goals, professional experience, and teaching pedagogy.

Interview Question – what is your opinion of our curriculum   Answer Question

Student Technician Interview

Student Technician
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at San Diego State University in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applying for the position was easy. When the paperwork was filed, I got a call from their IT Specialist asking the following:

1. Why I was interested in the position
2. How much experience I had in the IT field

A few days later I got a call back asking for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a low-key panel interview with the IT Specialist, Systems Administrator, and the Technology Manager.

The Interview:
They asked me to showcase my skills and competence by performing various tasks such as:

1. Change folder permissions on Windows
2. Reset user passwords
3. Configure a static IP address with custom DNS

Interview Question – If someone [your boss] asks you to do something while you're working on a task, how would you react?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Teaching Associate Interview

Graduate Teaching Associate

Interviewed at San Diego State University

Interview Details – applied. met with the course coordinator. She described the job tasks, asked my former experience, then asked if I would like to accept the offer.

Interview Question – no   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at San Diego State University.

Interview Details – I only had one interview. Overall the interview went really well.General interview questions were asked, overall experience, why you want to intern/work there, why you think you will be a great fit

Interview Question – General questions were asked and nothing seemed too difficult   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at San Diego State University.

Interview Details – The interview processed included a discussion with applicant on his interest and knowledge of the project prior to joining the project team, as well as discussion of prior laboratory experiences and past projects. Informal discussion followed by a sit-down interview. Hiring process included informing the applicant of project expectations, duration, and potential future projects.

Interview Question – Please explain your experience in analytical chemistry, and what are your suspected findings from the analysis of this project.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at San Diego State University.

Interview Details – You have to look into odds. Have to constantly look around for jobs and try to communicate and show your need for job.

Interview Question – As it is student assistant position nothing as far difficult or unexpected is asked.   Answer Question

Police Cadet Interview

Police Cadet
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at San Diego State University in November 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is explained on the website, and if you are invited to the initial interview, they explain the interview process via email. The initial interview is "rapid fire" questions. It's a panel interview, consisting of three university employees. Each panel member introduces themselves, including their job titles, and then the questions begin. Each panelist asks three questions each, and they write your answers down. Prepare for Behavioral Based Stress questions. They're looking at how well you would respond under pressure, and how logical your thought process is under those conditions. You will also be competing against lateral transfers (police officers with experience), which is unfair, in my opinion, to an entry level candidate like myself. Lastly, be prepared to work a lot of overtime once you are hired. The department is understaffed.

Interview Question – You are working early morning, and find a student in her car crying, and she tells you she has been raped. What would you do?   Answer Question

Evaluator/Student Worker Interview

Evaluator/Student Worker

Interview Details – Simple application and interview

Interview Question – if i could be any animal, what would it be?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Associate Interview

Graduate Teaching Associate

Interviewed at San Diego State University

Interview Details – I submitted an application, there was no interview.

Interview Question – There was no interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Interviews for Top Jobs at San Diego State University

Worked for San Diego State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at San Diego State University interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by San Diego State University employees and interview candidates.