San Diego State University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.6

Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at San Diego State University.

The application process was very intensive and did not require an interview. However, I would highly recommend meeting with the many professors within the department that you are applying to in order to get your name/face recognized with the board that will be doing the hiring. You are awarded the position simply based on your application and for those on the board that can speak on your behalf/testify to your skill set presented in the application.

Research Assistant Interview

Filled out an online app through SDSU career website. I was emailed by Director for an interview. Went to interview and was given a general overview of the job and then was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult or unexpected questions, just asked if I was able to perform the duties as of me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. It was 9 and hour.

Graduate Teaching Associate Interview

applied. met with the course coordinator. She described the job tasks, asked my former experience, then asked if I would like to accept the offer.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at San Diego State University.

I only had one interview. Overall the interview went really well.General interview questions were asked, overall experience, why you want to intern/work there, why you think you will be a great fit

Interview Questions
    • General questions were asked and nothing seemed too difficult   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at San Diego State University.

The interview processed included a discussion with applicant on his interest and knowledge of the project prior to joining the project team, as well as discussion of prior laboratory experiences and past projects. Informal discussion followed by a sit-down interview. Hiring process included informing the applicant of project expectations, duration, and potential future projects.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain your experience in analytical chemistry, and what are your suspected findings from the analysis of this project.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at San Diego State University.

You have to look into odds. Have to constantly look around for jobs and try to communicate and show your need for job.

Interview Questions
    • As it is student assistant position nothing as far difficult or unexpected is asked.   Answer Question

Reasarch Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at San Diego State University in December 2013.

There were three interviews one with the HR rep, second with the professor and last with the board reviewing the program. It took a total of 3 weeks from first to last interview, drug test, and background check. Most of the process was talking about what if there was a bigger role to play

Interview Questions
    • There are many more qualified applicants why should you have a go?   Answer Question

Police Cadet Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at San Diego State University in November 2013.

The hiring process is explained on the website, and if you are invited to the initial interview, they explain the interview process via email. The initial interview is "rapid fire" questions. It's a panel interview, consisting of three university employees. Each panel member introduces themselves, including their job titles, and then the questions begin. Each panelist asks three questions each, and they write your answers down. Prepare for Behavioral Based Stress questions. They're looking at how well you would respond under pressure, and how logical your thought process is under those conditions. You will also be competing against lateral transfers (police officers with experience), which is unfair, in my opinion, to an entry level candidate like myself. Lastly, be prepared to work a lot of overtime once you are hired. The department is understaffed.

Interview Questions
    • You are working early morning, and find a student in her car crying, and she tells you she has been raped. What would you do?   Answer Question

Evaluator/Student Worker Interview

Simple application and interview

Student Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at San Diego State University in July 2013.

Applying for the position was easy. When the paperwork was filed, I got a call from their IT Specialist asking the following:

1. Why I was interested in the position
    2. How much experience I had in the IT field

A few days later I got a call back asking for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a low-key panel interview with the IT Specialist, Systems Administrator, and the Technology Manager.

The Interview:
    They asked me to showcase my skills and competence by performing various tasks such as:

1. Change folder permissions on Windows
    2. Reset user passwords
    3. Configure a static IP address with custom DNS

Interview Questions
    • If someone [your boss] asks you to do something while you're working on a task, how would you react?   View Answer