Interviews for Top Jobs at San Diego Supercomputer Center

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Programmer Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Diego Supercomputer Center (San Diego, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Atypical research interview process. First round of interviews you talk over the phone with your to be peers and hiring manager as a group, every one pretty much chimes in and asks their specific questions mostly related to your research and thesis. If selected they fly you down for a full day of interview. On site interview starts with a one hour research talk, followed by one on one interviews. My interviewers asked me questions related to programming , some asked me follow up questions on my research talk, while others had more specific systems research questions.

Interview Questions

• given an unkown memory hierarchy , how would you design an experiment to ascertain the memory organization   1 Answer
  • Implement bread first search   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I would recommend to do so because your start salary sticks with you for a few years.