San Francisco

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Contractor Interview

Interviewed at San Francisco

Interview Details – I worked the overnight position so the hours took some time to adjust too. I learned the ins and outs of a federal reserve bank and the fundamentals of a banking clearing house. Management was thorough and knowledgeable, friendly and committed to running a smooth operation. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my position were the hours, it took more time than I had expected to adjust to working overnights and still maintaining my home life balance equally. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers

Interview Question – I really enjoyed working at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (Salt Lake City Branch). My co-workers were very friendly, organized and helpful. The general management was professional yet cordial and showed respect to all employees no mater their position.   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at San Francisco.

Interview Details – Once you are ranked based on your skills and experience the interviews happen every time there is an opening. Good process all in all. Make sure you stay up to date on your ranking and eligibility list. As long as you stay current you will eventually get an interview and then start to improve after every interview you are called for.

Interview Question – As long as you have some experience in the field that you are applying the questions are NOT too hard. There are lots of what would you do if this or that happened. Less time to really talk yourself up, more about whether you could do this or that or explain how you handled this or that.   Answer Question

Personnel Analyst Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at San Francisco in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial application submitted online. Received email notification that I qualified to proceed to the written exam for the position. Exam took about 3 hours and was mostly multiple choice with one section requiring math computations. Received email notice that I scored high enough to be placed on eligible list and that I would be notified of as vacancies occurred and I would be free to select the vacancies I wanted to interview for.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult recruitment and why?   Answer Question

Business Development Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at San Francisco in June 2011.

Interview Details – Sent a resume and cover letter. Received an email and scheduled an interview at City Hall. Had a quick less than 30 minute interview with two employers about past experiences and reasons for applying.

Interview Question – Give a run through of your resume.   Answer Question

Fall Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at San Francisco in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very disorganized and the interviewers were not friendly. The interview was base on behavioral questions. They asked about your future goals and the Mayor's current policy. So you should be aware of what he is doing and the programs that he created.

Interview Questions

Events Specialist Interview

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at San Francisco in July 2010.

Interview Details – Long time between initial on-line deadline and notification of second round. resume was scored and ranked within the field of applicants. Month later asked to come in for interview in a couple of weeks; with notification deadline and approx day of hire if hired. After interview City of SF notification deadline has been missed and no contact or email since interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle special event in mythical area of the City with mythical client?   View Answer

Community Development Specialist Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at San Francisco in July 2009.

Interview Details – Questions mainly asked to give examples of experiences designing and implementing programs. The department was extremely low on budget and behind on hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

Senior Administrative Analyst Interview

Interviewed at San Francisco

Interview Details – Very rigid interview panel. Must pass standardized test first.

Interview Question – Why do you think you wont succeed   Answer Question

Planner II Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at San Francisco in February 2012.

Interview Details – 3-person panel, very basic behavioral questions (how does your background apply to this job, how do you deal with conflict, describe your public interaction experience, etc.). Also given a set of drawings to review and make observations.

Interview Question – Review this set of plans.   Answer Question

Librarian II Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at San Francisco in May 2011.

Interview Details – Application in Nov. Jan. took a supervisory test. Made eligibility list in Feb. March, was sent a list of all available positions and applied for each of them. April was asked to come in May for three different interviews for different positions. The interviews were strange. They did not ask any questions beyond 7 that they had on a piece of paper in front of me. Later I learned from a colleague that they are not allowed to ask questions or to have you elaborate on any points you bring up. You have to go in there assuming that they know nothing of the fields jargon, terminology, etc. Describe your skills as though they are youths and know nothing of the field. I would have liked to know about this before my interviews. Their process leaves the interviewee feeling as though they do not get a sense of the work culture and if it is a place that you would like to work.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for San Francisco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at San Francisco interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by San Francisco employees and interview candidates.