San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

2.8

Auto Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency in June 2013.

email of test date followed by results a month later followed by 1 interview 2 months later followed by a phone call for a background check and drug test 2 weeks later, followed by hire 3 weeks later, followed by my first paycheck 3 weeks later

no negotiation

5382 Student Design Trainee III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency in March 2013.

I applied for the internship online at www.sfstudentintern.org. The application required basic information, including past work experience and courses taken related to the job. I submitted my application online by their deadline (February 12, 2013 at 5pm PST).

I received an email on February 27 inviting me to make an interview appointment. I was directed to a calendar where I signed up for a 30 minute slot the week. Interviews took place the week of March 11th. I reported to their offices at 1 South Van Ness Ave, although

The interview took 30 minutes and followed a script. Three current employees took turns asking about 10 questions (a couple behavioral questions then transportation and agency-specific questions). For example, what are the biggest challenges facing transportation today? How would you assess an intersection? I had time at the end of ~10 questions to go back and elaborate on any of my previous answers. The three employees technically were not allowed to smile and had to follow the script; they could not elaborate on rather vague questions as well.

I received a call with an "unofficial offer" on the internship the following week. I went in for a fingerprinting appointment, which takes about 15 minutes. I followed up with someone from the interview panel for placement.

Interview Questions
    • What are some innovations that can help make transit more efficient?   View Answer
    Negotiations were not applicable, as this is a government position.

Student Design Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency in March 2011.

Very clear in fair in interview process. Ask the same questions to each interviewee. Mostly typical questions, and some job specific ones. They're very nice during the interview, just make sure you're prepared. No tricky questions, just practice.
    "Tell us a time where you worked in a group?"
    "what got you interested in __field of work__?"

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency in February 2011.

Interviewing for the City and County of San Francisco is unlike most other job interview opportunities. Because of very strict human resources policies, the panel that "interviews" you is not allowed to go off script- and I've been told that they are asked not even to smile at you. You'll have a certain period of time to answer 4-5 questions which the panel will ask you one at a time. You'll also have those questions in front of you on a printed page. How long you spend answering each of those questions is up to you, but you will not be allowed to go over the time limit. Please know that the interviewers are mostly just doing "word search", so that they can mark down the phrases that have been pre-determined to be "correct" answers. They are prohibited from using their own judgment about how qualified you are. All this to say that the interview process with San Francisco can be extraordinarily weird and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us more about yourself and why you are qualified for this position.   Answer Question
    It was a government job so no negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency

Worked for San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency? Contribute to the Community!