San Francisco Public Utilities Commission Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2014
5 interviews

2.8

Junior Electrical Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.

There was a 6 question test on engineering questions and problem solving. There is an introduction portion as well. And an explanation of why you are fit for the job at hand. The engineering questions were mostly about power, ie transformers, circuit breakers, etc...

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about circuit analysis.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All salaries are posted prior to taking the job.

Utility Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in April 2013.

Written exam followed by interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The exam was terrible - totally does not reflect actual ability.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - everything is set already.

Student Design Trainee III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in March 2013.

After applying online they contacted me to schedule a phone interview. We went through my resume and they asked some questions which were mostly behavioral and pretty simple. They asked me if I was familiar with CAD and the department I was interested in working. A couple of weeks after that they submitted an offer through email.

Take it or leave it.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.

Applied online, one year later got an interview with unorganized and random test, then another interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were random and not commonly known, but otherwise, nothing anyone knowing his/her stuff wouldn't know.   Answer Question
    They may match your salary on years of experience or current salary

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.

They will not care who are unless you are: a female, asian or gay or lesbian and have ties to political buddies.

Interview Questions
    You have to tell them that they need to hire you at the top of the salary range because they won't do it, otherwise. If you're asian or part of the lgbt community, you'll likely get paid and treated better.

Interviews for Top Jobs at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission

Worked for San Francisco Public Utilities Commission? Contribute to the Community!