San Francisco Public Utilities Commission

Relevance Date Difficulty

Utility Analyst Interview

Utility Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in April 2013.

Interview Details – Written exam followed by interviews.

Interview Question – The exam was terrible - totally does not reflect actual ability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - everything is set already.

Student Design Trainee III Interview

Student Design Trainee III
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in March 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online they contacted me to schedule a phone interview. We went through my resume and they asked some questions which were mostly behavioral and pretty simple. They asked me if I was familiar with CAD and the department I was interested in working. A couple of weeks after that they submitted an offer through email.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.

Interview Details – Applied online, one year later got an interview with unorganized and random test, then another interview a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Some questions were random and not commonly known, but otherwise, nothing anyone knowing his/her stuff wouldn't know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They may match your salary on years of experience or current salary

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.

Interview Details – They will not care who are unless you are: a female, asian or gay or lesbian and have ties to political buddies.

Interview Question – How did you hear of about this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You have to tell them that they need to hire you at the top of the salary range because they won't do it, otherwise. If you're asian or part of the lgbt community, you'll likely get paid and treated better.

Worked for San Francisco Public Utilities Commission? Contribute to the Community!