San Francisco State

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at San Francisco State in May 2012.

Interview Details – Apply through Gator Jobs and interview with a department lead. If they like you, you will be contacted in about a week or so for an interview. Once you are hired (must be eligible for work study) you will go through some paper work for HR. If you get a job as a student assistant, you will only be paid once a month.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at San Francisco State in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was only interviewed by the PI of the lab. Very casual. I had coffee with the PI and discussed the research I'd be doing as well as the research the other lab members were working on. I then met with the other lab members and gave a power point seminar during their lab meeting. A slightly awkward lunch with the lab followed.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Accessible Media Technician Interview

Accessible Media Technician

Interviewed at San Francisco State

Interview Details – The interview process of getting a part time position at San Francisco State is not tedious. Eligible students can apply through Gator jobs and then interviews are not so hard. Reference always helps so make sure you are in good terms with your seniors.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at San Francisco State

Interview Details – I applied through the school's job website. They emailed me after I sent in my application and when the interview time came, they asked me the standard questions and hired me. This was during the summer, and I was able to make contacts in another department to get a job through the winter and spring and through the years.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just standard ones.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at San Francisco State in March 2008.

Interview Details – You might be interviewing with a lot of people, depending on the job you apply. If you can get to know those people in advance that would help a lot.

Interview Question – What project have you worked on (or lead) in the past 3-5 years. How do you deal with a difficult co-worker? Analyze your own strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I think you should

Administrative Analyst Interview

Administrative Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at San Francisco State in August 2008.

Interview Details – The process takes months. There is to much paperwork to get done in order to get hired. You also have to submit an application in person with HR. At least this was the process in 2008. It seems that between HR, the hiring manager, your manager, and the unit supervisor there is no communication. The wait for an entry level job should not take more than a few weeks to have someone in place. This took months.

Interview Question – The questions are very simple. What is your strength/weakness? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at San Francisco State in December 2010.

Interview Details – Simple.

Interview Question – Describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick.

Student Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at San Francisco State.

Interview Details – The entire process was easy. I submitted my resume/application with the given simple skills test (no need to study as it should be things you learn in school already) and received an interview the next week. The questions were fairly easy and normal about your background, schedule, and to see if you can do the job.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

IT Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at San Francisco State in January 2012.

Interview Details – weeks of the organization trying to set up interviews. Weird panel interview led by a very weak person (who I assumed was an admin taking interview notes at first) with a sr. director title. Apparently, their tech org has promoted several non-techies and they're desperate for people who know what they're doing. Our tax dollars at work.

Seriously unprofessional and creepy vibe, above referenced woman tried to friend me.

Interview Questions

• How do you "ensure" QA is built in to the project plan   View Answer
  • How would you successfully integrate Campus works. They were looking for free consulting advice, I think   View Answer

Reason for Declining – not interested in career suicide, thank you.

Worked for San Francisco State? Contribute to the Community!