San Francisco State

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.2

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

It was pretty basic - reviewing resume, expected salary, schedule, etc...
    I applied through the department's job website. They asked me the standard questions and hired me. I worked during the summer and I was able to make contacts in other classes through the winter and spring and through the years.

Internship Interview

There was no interview. I was recommended by a professor and was then hired for the internship. I believe most internships in which you are recommended by a professor there will be no interview. It was a very easy process to be hired.

Composition for Multilingual Students Interview Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at San Francisco State.

The first part of the interview is a two hour long process where you mark up a sample student's paper as if you were the teacher. They want to see a) your approach and rationale to assessing and commenting on student writing and b) your familiarity with common ESL grammatical issues, as well as your pedagogical approach to grammar teaching.

The second part of the interview will be a f2f interview with a 6 member CMS committee.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult aspect turned out to be not knowing the department's philosophy, which was quite opposite of how the teachers I TAed with actually work.   Answer Question

Book Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at San Francisco State in June 2014.

Applied and invited to a group interview in downtown sf. After that interview process I was called in to do a training on campus and then we where schedule to work the week before school semester at any folliet stores.

Accessible Media Technician Interview

The interview process of getting a part time position at San Francisco State is not tedious. Eligible students can apply through Gator jobs and then interviews are not so hard. Reference always helps so make sure you are in good terms with your seniors.

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through the school's job website. They emailed me after I sent in my application and when the interview time came, they asked me the standard questions and hired me. This was during the summer, and I was able to make contacts in another department to get a job through the winter and spring and through the years.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Francisco State in May 2012.

Apply through Gator Jobs and interview with a department lead. If they like you, you will be contacted in about a week or so for an interview. Once you are hired (must be eligible for work study) you will go through some paper work for HR. If you get a job as a student assistant, you will only be paid once a month.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Francisco State in December 2010.

Simple.

Quick.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at San Francisco State in February 2010.

I was only interviewed by the PI of the lab. Very casual. I had coffee with the PI and discussed the research I'd be doing as well as the research the other lab members were working on. I then met with the other lab members and gave a power point seminar during their lab meeting. A slightly awkward lunch with the lab followed.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at San Francisco State in August 2008.

The process takes months. There is to much paperwork to get done in order to get hired. You also have to submit an application in person with HR. At least this was the process in 2008. It seems that between HR, the hiring manager, your manager, and the unit supervisor there is no communication. The wait for an entry level job should not take more than a few weeks to have someone in place. This took months.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are very simple. What is your strength/weakness? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question