San Francisco Unified School District

Relevance Date Difficulty

Elementary Teacher Interview

Elementary Teacher
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District.

Interview Details – Applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter with the option to interview at several schools. I was contacted by principals at several schools. I received followups after my phone interviews to come in for a face to face teaching sample. I did a sample lesson with summer school students.

Interview Question – What is your most successful lesson taught and how did you know the lesson was successful?   Answer Question

Senior Payroll & Personnel Clerk Interview

Senior Payroll & Personnel Clerk

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 12 months - interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District.

Interview Details – The hiring process takes a long time. It took over a year for me to get hired due to the civil service process. However, after you are hired it is very difficult for you to be fired because of the civil service rules. Unfortunately, that has many workers complacent and lazy.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was why did I want to leave my current employer.   View Answer

Clerk Typist Interview

Clerk Typist

I applied online and interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District.

Interview Details – Received an email a week before the interview to schedule a time and date. On the day of the interview I met two easy going people who made the process stress-free and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Name three things that are important to you in a work place.   Answer Question
  • How would your co-workers describe you?   Answer Question
  • You are given a project that is due on the same day at 12pm and have made plans to meet with a co-worker at 12 and distribute tests in the morning. How would you handle the situation to complete all tasks?   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Principal
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District in June 2008.

Interview Details – There was first screening and interviewing for the eligiblity pool, then later, an interview with a panel from the school site and a final interview with the superintendent.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your background as it relates to this position.   Answer Question
  • If you were not going to be working in education, what field would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered one school then, after accepting the offer, the school site was changed.

Teacher Interview

Teacher
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District in June 2010.

Interview Details – San Francisco Unified School District contacted me quickly. Human Resources was very friendly. They did a phone interview first, and then sent my resume to a few principals. I got a call within a day or two, and interviews set up for that very week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – n/a

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for San Francisco Unified School District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at San Francisco Unified School District interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by San Francisco Unified School District employees and interview candidates.