San Jacinto College Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at San Jacinto College

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at San Jacinto College in November 2014.

Interview

phone interview
    face-to-face interview
    meeting with the Provost
    background check
    salary negotiation
    formal job offer

after every step, I was called back within a few days. I believe they only have start dates at the beginning and middle of the month.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of scenario question. For example: someone in the group interview would pretend to be an angry parent wanting to get information on their student's account and you have to reply as if you were actually in that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate the salary. only took about a day for them to get back to me and they worked with me on it. I still don't feel the final pay was enough, however.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Interview

Very smooth. It was seamless and swift. Only high question was "May you teach us something now? On the spot teaching." I began to teach with no PowerPoint or book. They look for passion and personality. The students are very vocal and hands on at the college.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none available

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at San Jacinto College (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was easy, perhaps because I have a PhD. The professor I met with didn't spend much time asking me about the class I would teach. He just wanted to know about me, and he told lots of stories about himself. I'm pretty sure the fact that I had a PhD was all that he needed to know, and the hours I was willing to work. If I was terrible, they'd learn that from the students and from the required sit-in by one of the professors in the middle of the semester.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Adjunct professors get a certain amount for each class no matter what.

Endpoint Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at San Jacinto College (Houston, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Apply online, panel interview--try to relax, and be prepared to answer a lot of technical questions. Then there is a technical test, if you pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• Networking and virtualization questions, and they ask a range from simple to advanced. Do NOT try to BS them. If you don't know, you just don't know.   1 Answer