San Jose State Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.8

Instructional Student Assistant Interview

It is required to be offered an employment by the department. prior to that we need to have a SSN in case if its an employment seeking from International visa status. Then paper work followed by the HR process which will complete the process

Instructional Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at San Jose State.

Interview with Professor

Graphic Designer (SJSU, Associated Students) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at San Jose State in November 2013.

The interview process involved the Senior designer, another designer and the Marketing head. I was asked questions regarding my knowledge and function of the job. I was asked about my dedication to students and how my experience was relevant and could be beneficial to the position. I showed images of my past work and asked questions pertaining to my duties.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want us to remember about you? This was difficult because I did not want come off cocky or over confident or say something that they would remember that was not a positive or detract from the rapport i had already built during the interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Be flexible and open minded. want the job because it will be beneficial to you and because you really want to do this job. Do not do it for the money and do not do it if you just want to create sub par work to 'get by' on the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at San Jose State in April 2013.

Not much... about course work and projects

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at San Jose State in March 2013.

I was the Student Assistant of a Multimedia class. The teacher was really friendly and helpful.

Event Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Jose State in February 2013.

Fill up application form and then a personal interview.

Student Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at San Jose State in February 2013.

I went to one of the departments to drop off my resume, Supervisor was impressed by my previous work. She got in touch with her associate and scheduled my interview for the same day. Interview was conducted by 2 persons which was based on my resume and went on for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Much.. Everything was pain and simple.   View Answer

Career Professional/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at San Jose State.

Had to go through four interviews. A phone screen, then an interview with three reps, then w/management, and then with the entire staff of the department. I also had to create a presentation and present to the management and staff and then partake in an exercise that consisted of pulling random scenarios out of a box and answering how I would address each scenario to remedy the issues that they contained. I had to set aside about 3-4 hours for the final day of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time that you worked with a client or employer and the situation did not go as planned; what did you do?   Answer Question
    I declined th eoffer twice because the salaray was too low. There wasn't much room for negotiation, however there was some wiggle room. I was able to get them to increase their initial offer and to explore flexible scheduling.

Workshop Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at San Jose State in September 2012.

One interview, lasted about 30 minutes. A week later got an email telling me that I got the job. I am not sure what else to say here, since it was very straight forward and easy for me. There is actually a fair amount of paper work that you will need to do since this is a job with an academic institute, such as background checks with finger prints etc.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflict? And what is a time where you found that a challenging situation was out of your hands?   Answer Question
    No negotiation took place, again the funding for these positions is very limited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at San Jose State in March 2012.

Tell me about a goal you have achieved

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received an evaluation and you thought it was not fair   Answer Question