San Jose State Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It required to apply to the respective department where the position was available. Candidates were selected based on the academic profile and qualifications. I received a reject from the hiring official of the department.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went and met Professor, asked for a job, he reviewed my skills. Then compared with other available options he has. And finally accepted. Then had an interview with HR department. The yasked questions about my visa status. Veried the background check. Then got the offer letter printed. Since I already had a job before, have my SSN. So the work was easy.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at San Jose State.

Interview

Applied online through the website and was called after a week for interview. Simple questions on past experiences and the guy constantly repeated customer service is the first priority. Gave the result immediately.

Study Abroad Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Received email invite to interview. Follow-up phone call with admin to confirm interview details. One hour interview with Dean, and two other staff. Pretty formal and very question-answer based rather than conversational. Office was in the process of reorganizing structure so there were lots of questions about strategies for dealing with change and setting up structures.

Interview Questions

• Tell me abut a time that you had a problem with a colleague and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

the department staff take part in this interview, this is simple and quite fast, regular questions. each of them ask some questions. they talk about what they are doing then ask eat kind of skill i have. then i was told to wait for the result. three people who interviewed me, only the one( big boss) have lots of questions

Interview Questions

• the challenge you have met ? why you interested in this position   Answer Question

Interview

It is required to be offered an employment by the department. prior to that we need to have a SSN in case if its an employment seeking from International visa status. Then paper work followed by the HR process which will complete the process

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview with Professor

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

None, really. The professor met me in one of his classes. I was the top student, I think, and he asked me to do a side project for him that mostly involved online research and reporting what I found. I went ahead and looked up the information he asked for. He asked me if I was interested in working in the department

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved the Senior designer, another designer and the Marketing head. I was asked questions regarding my knowledge and function of the job. I was asked about my dedication to students and how my experience was relevant and could be beneficial to the position. I showed images of my past work and asked questions pertaining to my duties.

Interview Questions

• What do you want us to remember about you? This was difficult because I did not want come off cocky or over confident or say something that they would remember that was not a positive or detract from the rapport i had already built during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Be flexible and open minded. want the job because it will be beneficial to you and because you really want to do this job. Do not do it for the money and do not do it if you just want to create sub par work to 'get by' on the job.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Candidates are asked 10 questions each from the managers regarding prior experience and availability. The managers take turn asking questions and are interesting in your answers because you are working in a fast pace environment, and they do want to know if you can handle it. The interview questions were simple, but some require a little bit of conflict resolve skill.