San Jose State Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

2.9

Study Abroad Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at San Jose State in September 2014.

Received email invite to interview. Follow-up phone call with admin to confirm interview details. One hour interview with Dean, and two other staff. Pretty formal and very question-answer based rather than conversational. Office was in the process of reorganizing structure so there were lots of questions about strategies for dealing with change and setting up structures.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me abut a time that you had a problem with a colleague and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Instructional Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at San Jose State.

Interview with Professor

Graphic Designer (SJSU, Associated Students) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at San Jose State in November 2013.

The interview process involved the Senior designer, another designer and the Marketing head. I was asked questions regarding my knowledge and function of the job. I was asked about my dedication to students and how my experience was relevant and could be beneficial to the position. I showed images of my past work and asked questions pertaining to my duties.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want us to remember about you? This was difficult because I did not want come off cocky or over confident or say something that they would remember that was not a positive or detract from the rapport i had already built during the interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Be flexible and open minded. want the job because it will be beneficial to you and because you really want to do this job. Do not do it for the money and do not do it if you just want to create sub par work to 'get by' on the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at San Jose State in April 2013.

Not much... about course work and projects

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at San Jose State in March 2013.

I was the Student Assistant of a Multimedia class. The teacher was really friendly and helpful.

Event Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Jose State in February 2013.

Fill up application form and then a personal interview.

Career Professional/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at San Jose State.

Had to go through four interviews. A phone screen, then an interview with three reps, then w/management, and then with the entire staff of the department. I also had to create a presentation and present to the management and staff and then partake in an exercise that consisted of pulling random scenarios out of a box and answering how I would address each scenario to remedy the issues that they contained. I had to set aside about 3-4 hours for the final day of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time that you worked with a client or employer and the situation did not go as planned; what did you do?   Answer Question
    I declined th eoffer twice because the salaray was too low. There wasn't much room for negotiation, however there was some wiggle room. I was able to get them to increase their initial offer and to explore flexible scheduling.

Workshop Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at San Jose State in September 2012.

One interview, lasted about 30 minutes. A week later got an email telling me that I got the job. I am not sure what else to say here, since it was very straight forward and easy for me. There is actually a fair amount of paper work that you will need to do since this is a job with an academic institute, such as background checks with finger prints etc.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflict? And what is a time where you found that a challenging situation was out of your hands?   Answer Question
    No negotiation took place, again the funding for these positions is very limited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at San Jose State in March 2012.

Tell me about a goal you have achieved

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received an evaluation and you thought it was not fair   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at San Jose State in March 2012.