San Jose State Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It required to apply to the respective department where the position was available. Candidates were selected based on the academic profile and qualifications. I received a reject from the hiring official of the department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went and met Professor, asked for a job, he reviewed my skills. Then compared with other available options he has. And finally accepted. Then had an interview with HR department. The yasked questions about my visa status. Veried the background check. Then got the offer letter printed. Since I already had a job before, have my SSN. So the work was easy.

Study Abroad Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Received email invite to interview. Follow-up phone call with admin to confirm interview details. One hour interview with Dean, and two other staff. Pretty formal and very question-answer based rather than conversational. Office was in the process of reorganizing structure so there were lots of questions about strategies for dealing with change and setting up structures.

Interview Questions

• Tell me abut a time that you had a problem with a colleague and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview with Professor

Graphic Designer (SJSU, Associated Students) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved the Senior designer, another designer and the Marketing head. I was asked questions regarding my knowledge and function of the job. I was asked about my dedication to students and how my experience was relevant and could be beneficial to the position. I showed images of my past work and asked questions pertaining to my duties.

Interview Questions

• What do you want us to remember about you? This was difficult because I did not want come off cocky or over confident or say something that they would remember that was not a positive or detract from the rapport i had already built during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Be flexible and open minded. want the job because it will be beneficial to you and because you really want to do this job. Do not do it for the money and do not do it if you just want to create sub par work to 'get by' on the job.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Candidates are asked 10 questions each from the managers regarding prior experience and availability. The managers take turn asking questions and are interesting in your answers because you are working in a fast pace environment, and they do want to know if you can handle it. The interview questions were simple, but some require a little bit of conflict resolve skill.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Not much... about course work and projects

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

interviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was the Student Assistant of a Multimedia class. The teacher was really friendly and helpful.

Event Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Fill up application form and then a personal interview.

Career Professional/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at San Jose State (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Had to go through four interviews. A phone screen, then an interview with three reps, then w/management, and then with the entire staff of the department. I also had to create a presentation and present to the management and staff and then partake in an exercise that consisted of pulling random scenarios out of a box and answering how I would address each scenario to remedy the issues that they contained. I had to set aside about 3-4 hours for the final day of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you worked with a client or employer and the situation did not go as planned; what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I declined th eoffer twice because the salaray was too low. There wasn't much room for negotiation, however there was some wiggle room. I was able to get them to increase their initial offer and to explore flexible scheduling.