San Luis Obispo County, California Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

Social Worker Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California.

I was told they could get me in for an internship at the county in child welfare. I emailed my resume and other information and the next week I had an interview. Interview went well and they told me they would find me an opening in the county to intern at. Two weeks after I am told since I will no longer be a student I could not intern there. Turns out they are a waste of my time and they put on the fake nice attitude. Coming from some one who knows people who worked for this county and some one who knows people who received services from this county, my overall summary is they are RUDE and UN-ORGANIZED. Don't interview some one unless you have a position and have read their resume. Resume said I'd be graduating. People I know who have worked for the county said management is terrible at the county and they rule with an iron fist. There is a high-turn over rate at the county and it doesn't feel like family. People usually come to the county get their grad school paid for, then leave.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They asked a lot about your past work experience and why you are passionate about social services.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I, II, III Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California in January 2014.

Place resume work experience etc. on their web site. They evaluate and determine if you have the qualifications for their oral exam.

Interview Questions
    • Oral exam by 3 people. One asked how I would troubleshoot a catastrophic failure. No specifics given.   View Answer

Employment Resource Specialist Interview

Written test, computer exam, oral board interview, physical, drug test. The process takes six months to complete.

Planning Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California in February 2010.

The interview process was comprised of several ipanel nterviews, an informal meet and greet with other depatment heads, and a presentation. It was very intense but necessary for this level of management position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider to be you greatest weakness?   View Answer

Fiscal Management Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California in October 2010.

Excellent on-line system for applying and notices. Must first past a review of application. Oral board: predetermined questions; provided time/ listened for complete answers. Overall a fair process; although seemed rigged to hire from within rather than risk a new coming.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were straight from the job announcement.   Answer Question

Worked for San Luis Obispo County, California? Contribute to the Community!