San Mateo - Foster City School District

Candidate Interview Review

School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at San Mateo - Foster City School District in February 2014.

I currently live abroad and am (was) applying for positions before I was back in the country I applied through Edjoin and contacted for a Skype interview 4 weeks after I originally applied.

It was obvious that the Skype interview was novel as they did not have the camera for the entire room rather they passed the laptop around to each panel member (definitely off putting and not professional).
    The interview was solely the list of questions they had prepared and they did not deviate, thus I hadn't the opportunity to further speak to my qualifications.

Ultimately I had to assume I wasn't selected for the position as they did not follow up with even a brief email (surprising since the panel was coordinated by one of the schools principals and I had sent a brief thankyou note.)

Interview Questions