SanDisk

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview Details – The whole process would last for 6-9 hrs. It depends on how you perform. But some time they want to see how you respond to actual design problems. In that way they could see the way you think. Get yourself familiar with all your projects and previous designs would be better.

Interview Question – They don't ask general design questions. More like custom design encounters.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SanDisk in June 2012.

Interview Details – Asked some basic STA questions, i.e. setup time, hold time, and some verilog questions, i.e. blocking vs. non-blocking assignment. Also asked for designing a state-machine to detect bits in sequence.

Milpitas, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk in February 2011.

Interview Details – Only 15 mins long, asked about basic MOS device questions such as drawing I-V characteristic curves.

Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk in October 2009.

Interview Details – It was the "college day" event. Actual interview was from 10am to close to 6pm... I met 9 interviewers total. It was quite long but over all a good experience.

Interview Question – how do you see yourself five years from now?   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk in March 2009.

Interview Details – Long day of on-site interviews (9hrs) with basic analog ,device physics and digital circuit questions. Evaluation of previous job positions and education.

Interview Questions

• Given a dc signal how would you make a 30ps pulse? you have a 30ps inverter available.   View Answers (2)
  • Why does the VT of a mosfet change with different body biases? Explain from a device point of view.   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at SanDisk in August 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was of 1 written test,2 technical interview,1 HR interview.
Written test contained 15 aptitude and 20 technical questions for which basics of digital electronics is necessary..
In two technical interview they mostly concentrated how good am in dealing with digital circuits....
They also asked some puzzles which everyone can do with some logic thinking...
Some questions like design a system with frequency 1/3rd the freq of clk with 50% dutycycle,double the freq so on.....
HR interview was very friendly type of interview no need to bother about that....
ALL THE BEST.....

Interview Question – Doubling the clock freq is unexpected ques for me which took some time to solve but really challenging......   View Answer

Design Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SanDisk in October 2012.

Interview Details – First the interviewer asked about what I expect from the company? What is the most valuable things to me in my first job? Second, he asked about the courses I am taking right now. Then a NOR2 gate, how about the inputs if the output is 1? Draw the transistors of the NOR2. What happend if the input is floating? Then write Verilog for a FSM.

Interview Question – The first question is most unexpected. I said about growth, both personal and technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Design Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk in March 2012.

Interview Details – they won't recruit intern but need full time
only very easy questions on MOSFET physics, ideal opamp inverting and non-inverting amp (write down what is output) and resistor matching

Interview Question – how to match two resistors   View Answer

Worked for SanDisk? Contribute to the Community!