SanDisk

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SanDisk in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for this position at the SanDisk website
Took one week from a phone call interview to on-site interview.
Met 6 people including HR manager for 5 hours.
Each interview took 45 mins except lunch hour with an interviewer.

Interview Question – They asked me my Ph.D works and previous professional work experience and knowledge.
Mostly easy, but sharp questions. The hiring manager told me he already knew about me through the phone call interview as well as resume, so it's my tun to ask him about everything. One interviewer grilled me with tricky questions about weird transistor structures. The manager and a technical VP were very friendly and nice guys.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at SanDisk

Interview Details – Basic device questions, such as PN junction, CMOS, and behavior question. What is your favorite course, why choose our company

Device Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at SanDisk in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was 3 months from the date I applied. The hiring manager had send me an email about a phone interview, was also contacted by the HR the day before the interview to update my profile on their system.
Interview was focused on fundamentals and broken down questions by the interviewer. He was very patient to explain about the questions and the approach.

Interview Question – What course you disliked the most?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Device Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview Details – An hour long phone interview followed by day long on-site interview.

Interview Question – Personal weakness   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk in April 2010.

Interview Details – First got a phone interview from an engineer in the group, and then asked by HR to go for an on-site interview. Met 8 people, including managers from other groups, but all within the same device engineering group. Normal behave questions on current job, and some technical questions on device engineering, such as NAND structure, MOSFET structure...

However, what I am not happy with is that they didn't interview me for the job I applied. I even didn't know the job description before the interview started. Hiring manager never called me before this on-site, and I knew nothing about the group and the job responsibilities I was going to perform. The position was a much lower level position than what I was expecting, it was just tedious chip testing and data analysis. They could find a fresh graduate out of school to do it, not me. I will not apply for their jobs anymore

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at SanDisk

Worked for SanDisk? Contribute to the Community!

SanDisk Videos

SanDisk – Why Work for Us?

From our early days asa Silicon Valley start-up to our current position as a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company, SanDisk has been committed to driving the future of data storage. Our high-performance storage products are… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SanDisk Device Engineer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by SanDisk employees and interview candidates.