SanDisk

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SanDisk in October 2014.

I met the recruiter in the career fair at our campus. He asked me basic questions related to my resume and projects. He asked questions related to memory controller which was related to one of my projects on DD3 memory controller design. It was for an intern position.

Other Interview Reviews for SanDisk

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in March 2014.

First round is on the phone, then typically you go in for an on-site and talk to several people. Pretty straightforward, nothing unexpected. No unexpected questions either, typical strength/weaknesses/behavioral/why should I hire you types. Some of them were really friendly and we pretty much had a normal conversation the whole time.

Interview Questions
    • - Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.
      - Tell me bout yourself.
      - What do you know about SanDisk?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk.

I applied through a job board and was contacted about two weeks later by an HR recruiter. I was told my resume matched one of the open intern positions and they would like to meet for a face to face interview. After a quick round of phone tag, we arranged an interview the following week. I was scheduled to interview with four people ( the recruiter and three people I would be working with). Each interview was scheduled to be thirty minutes.

When I showed up for the interview, the HR recruiter was busy and unable to make the slotted interview time. A replacement HR recruiter was sent in to interview me. She was new to the company and did not know enough to answer the questions I had about the general hiring trends of the company or the staff in the particular department I was interviewing for.

All the people I interviewed with were very nice; however I was a little surprised as they they asked very few questions and asked no personal or meaningful questions. Most asked:
    1.) How did you choose the school you currently attend?
    2.) How much do you know about SanDisk?
    3.) How does this position fit with your professional goals?
    And that was about it. Not one question about my resume, experiences, skills, or qualifications. After the first several minutes the interviews turned into me asking questions and making small talk about the company and the position. Also, when I asked questions, many of the answers I received were long winded and only loosely on point to the question I posed.

Two days later, I received an email from the initial HR recruiter that contained a generic rejection informing me that my background did not fit the requirements for the position, but they would keep my resume on file; though if they were clever they could have made a reference to keeping it on an SD card--alas SanDisk was SansHumor.

Overall the office and the people are nice, but for as impressive as the company itself is, I was not very impressed. Were I offered the position, other than being a shiny gold star on my resume, I'm not sure I would have accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected or difficult, very few questions, very generic ones at that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SanDisk.

A HR called me and asked "what do you expect to gain from the intern." and "what do know about our company." Then she said she would announce the schedule for face-to-face interview.