SanDisk

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

3.1

Staff Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in November 2014.

One round on Campus then a whole day interview at SanDisk office in Milpitas. It was very conversational, no trick questions or technical questions. Pretty straightforward. they were accessing the fir to companies culture

Senior Device Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk.

Referral from friend. Total process took 2 months. 2 weeks for the phone interview. Questions are standard, short channel effects and breakdown mechanisms. 2 weeks later for full day interview. The first interviewer didn't show up. He showed up at the end, and pushed the everything one hour later. Extremely unprofessional. Took 1 more month before before results were given.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard. Know your band diagrams, short channel effects and basic MOS operation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in March 2014.

First round is on the phone, then typically you go in for an on-site and talk to several people. Pretty straightforward, nothing unexpected. No unexpected questions either, typical strength/weaknesses/behavioral/why should I hire you types. Some of them were really friendly and we pretty much had a normal conversation the whole time.

Interview Questions
    • - Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.
      - Tell me bout yourself.
      - What do you know about SanDisk?

Answer Question

Field Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk.

I received the interview because I knew a former employee who referred me to the company. I had a phone interview and then two Skype interviews after that. They were pretty simple questions and basic.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

ROUND-1
    Written test-including 10 basic aptitude questions, 10 questions of C and 2 Coding Questions.
    –Design data structure to implement sparse matrix.
    –One bit manupulation ques.

Top 8 students were shortlisted from CS

ROUND-2
    Technical Interview
    1. Ask about written test,about questions in written test -how you had solve them.
    2. Ask me about the projects you have made.
    3. Which language you like the most and why?
    4. Other basic questions…

Top 3 students were shortlisted in this round

ROUND-3
    Technical Interview

All 3 students were asked to sit in one big room.
    Then 2 coding questions were given to write on paper in 45 min.
    1..Implement strtok functions of strings.
    eg char a[]=”ab,cd,e”
    Output should be 3 strings–“ab”, “cd” and “e” if we consider the delimiter as ‘,’

2..People are sitting on round table and we have knock out each of one in alternate order eg 1 2 3 4 5 6. These 6 people are sitting in circular table. If we knock out 2 first. Output should be 2 4 6 3 1 5

ROUND-4
    HR Round

1. Tell me about yourself?
    2. Why you want to join sandisk?
    3. What if any other company offer more than what they offer?
    4. Working environment or high salary??

Interview Questions
    • Implement strtok functions of strings.
      eg char a[]=”ab,cd,e”

Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk in October 2014.

Applied through college placements
    First round consisted of 30 questions to be answererd in 40 minutes.
    Aptitude was mandatory
    Easy aptitude questions .
    Other sections were programming , systems and digital electronics.
    Could choose 2 sections out of 3 to answer.
    Interview rounds consisted more of kernel based questions, OS, CO etc
    2 technical interviews , one hr.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

There were 3 Rounds:
    1) Technical Round comprising of Hardware as well as C/C++ questions.
    2) 2 Rounds of technical interviews. 1st had general coding questions. There were also some testing questions. The 2nd one was focused on my internship/projects.
    3) HR Round

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk in May 2013.

My interview was with two bumbling SanDisk employees who literally only took 20 minutes and pressured me into making a decision. They could not even tell me what my position tittle would be and mis classified job description on offer letter.

The negotiation was horrible, i declined initial offer and countered. They countered with there initial offer, then i countered with a salary comparison for the job tittle and location. That was countered with there original offer yet again. I stood my ground for 3 weeks and they didn't budge, i accepted and now really regret taking the super low ball offer. I am now paid 52k for a job that should be making minimum 116k. Unethical.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SanDisk in June 2013.

Interview process was lunch with the hiring manager. Spent lunch being informed of the company history/ future and answering any questions I had. When asked if there were any questions for me, the answer was no. This manager was sold on my qualities by a person who worked for this manager who had recommended me.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Was pleased with the offer.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

ASIC design engineer position. Interview after job fair, and ask question about circuit deisgn, boolean equation, setup and hold time, and CMOS working theory. Latch waveform. It's not too difficult but need quick response