SanDisk Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Contacted through HR and arranged a phone interview, and took a week to fix a date, and got a phone interview from a director of the device engineering and went through the introduction of the company and the routine role of the jobs, and asked about 10 device related questions, went though the research work a little bit, etc.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few weeks. I then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. We had a short conversation and I spoke to her about my relevant experience and she explained the position a bit more. I was then invited for an in-person interview and met with 4 people. They asked me questions about my relevant experience, as well as some situational questions, such as: When was a time you faced a problem in the workplace? How did you deal with it? Why do you want to work for SanDisk? Why this role?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary, they offer a very competitive package.

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

1. technical phone interview half an hour. All sorts of technical questions ranging from, tell the difference between C and Java, how to basic RF questions. If you cannot pass this, there are serious problems about your studies in your school. Should not need to prepare yourself other than read the job requirements. At this stage, they only ask basic academic questions I answered correctly most of them 2. on-site technical interview whole afternoon five staff of the group,interviewing your one by one.They will fly you in and reimburse your expenses. However, the rules of reimbursement are not so clear. They do not have good guidance like Nvidia. questions range from CMOS device physics, floating gate physics to software algorithm such as sorting, walking through lines of code in C/C++ Got results after one month. I think I did okay for a new graduate posting and answered roughly 70% correctly. But they did not give me offer. Sigh, I really think it was a great match. I don' think they found a better candidate because they changed the posting from entry level(new grad) Test Development Engineer to senior Test Development Engineer. I wonder why myself.

Interview Questions

• questions ranges from CMOS device physics, floating gate physics to software algorithm such as sorting   Answer Question

Operations (Industrial) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

1 interview in my Grad School + 5 on-site interviews. The interviews were not very technical, but I had to know perfectly how to describe the projects I did, what algorithm I used. I said almost the same thing again and again, because the 5 interviews were not very different.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them more about my projects, and went in depth into some of them   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Referral from friend. Total process took 2 months. 2 weeks for the phone interview. Questions are standard, short channel effects and breakdown mechanisms. 2 weeks later for full day interview. The first interviewer didn't show up. He showed up at the end, and pushed the everything one hour later. Extremely unprofessional. Took 1 more month before before results were given.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard. Know your band diagrams, short channel effects and basic MOS operation.   Answer Question

Field Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

I received the interview because I knew a former employee who referred me to the company. I had a phone interview and then two Skype interviews after that. They were pretty simple questions and basic.

Staff Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in November 2014.

Interview

One round on Campus then a whole day interview at SanDisk office in Milpitas. It was very conversational, no trick questions or technical questions. Pretty straightforward. they were accessing the fir to companies culture

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a campus recruiting event including 20 candidates for the positions of devices engineer and circuit design engineer. We interviewed with five engineers and one HR. Most of the questions were about my projects and research experience on my resume. And they asked me to provide many details and also some further questions about semiconductor devices. We also had a tour in Sandisk visiting the labs, office and the gym.

Interview Questions

Interview

ASIC design engineer position. Interview after job fair, and ask question about circuit deisgn, boolean equation, setup and hold time, and CMOS working theory. Latch waveform. It's not too difficult but need quick response

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SanDisk in October 2014.

Interview

College Career Fair. Got a call the same day for an interview scheduled the next day. 45 mins interview. Asked all design questions--ranging from Ids/Vds characteristics of a MOSFET to sequence detector.