SanDisk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Staff ASIC Design Interview

Senior Staff ASIC Design
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in December 2012.

Interview Details – initial HR response takes forever. But once the resume get to the hiring manager's desk, the process is much faster. It takes less than 1 week from interview setup till offer provided

Interview Question – Not too difficulty on technical side   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview Details – Possibly most useless HR team in the world.
They are even more incompetent than the regular lot of HR people. Even though I submitted my resume through a trusted friend, it took ages for HR to actually start the hiring process. That's called a phone call. Ages. And then setting up the F2F interviews took another 2 months. And then another month for the 2nd and 3rd round. And then they never called me back. After interviewing all the way to the top. It's fine that I didn't get the job. Just please have the courtesy to call me and let me know. They never did that. Incredible.

Interview Question – Nothing. All normal expected questions any tough interviewer should ask.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer

Interviewed at SanDisk

Interview Details – Be well prepared. They may ask some very tricky question. In average, they are not so hard. Do not get frustrated if you cannot answer all of them. Keep positive and smiling all the time. Remember, there are more chance waiting for you and you do not have to hang on them.

Interview Question – Some fundamental questions in the textbook.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accept the offer without negotiation.

Field Marketing Interview

Field Marketing

Interviewed at SanDisk

Interview Details – One phone and two Skype interviews.

Interview Question – All questions were straight forward   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview Details – Interviewed by total of 4 managers.

Interview Question – Challenges in your past job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in September 2013.

Interview Details – Consists of phone interview + Onsite Interview. Met with 4 team members....from Director of the group to the senior Engineer then concluded with discussion with Senior Staff recruiter.
Really Nice people.....Had a positive feeling after the interview but unfortunately no offer. Lesson learned is never to give much significance to interview experience until you have offer in hand....

Interview Question – Mostly stuff on my resume.....and some questions testing problem solving skills all circuit related. (ANALOG and DIGITAL)...quite detailed   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume at the Career Fair on campus. 5 days later their HR called asking me if I am available for an on campus interview two weeks later. I gave an interview on-campus and the process was very well organized. It appears that the recruiters do an initial screening and then show the resume to hiring managers.

Interview Questions

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Senior Device Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at SanDisk in September 2013.

Interview Details – College recruiting. I sent my resume to HR and was contacted the same day. The interview was arranged next day at school. I was ask some basic device fundamental questions as well as some behavior questions. The interview time was about half an hour. I am still waiting for the results.

Interview Question – MOSFET scaling   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview first. then two on-site interview.

Interview Question – level shifter.   View Answer

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Senior Device Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview Details – The first phase was a phone screen consisting of basic device physics and MOS fundamentals. The questions were very fair: pn junction related, operation of a MOSFET, scaling of a MOSFET.

HR later contacted me for an on-site interview, but over a six-week process of back and forth e-mails and phone calls, they simply stopped responding. The req remains open on the website, so I suspect they dropped the ball. Very unprofessional. I found another position elsewhere.

Interview Question – The most challenging question was related to threshold voltage shift of a scaled MOSFET. This question makes sense since NAND is based on Vt shifting, but it is not in my background and I struggled with it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SanDisk