SanDisk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

3.1

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Be well prepared. They may ask some very tricky question. In average, they are not so hard. Do not get frustrated if you cannot answer all of them. Keep positive and smiling all the time. Remember, there are more chance waiting for you and you do not have to hang on them.

Interview Questions
    Accept the offer without negotiation.

Field Marketing Interview

One phone and two Skype interviews.

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at SanDisk.

Interviewed by total of 4 managers.

No Negotiations.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in September 2013.

Consists of phone interview + Onsite Interview. Met with 4 team members....from Director of the group to the senior Engineer then concluded with discussion with Senior Staff recruiter.
    Really Nice people.....Had a positive feeling after the interview but unfortunately no offer. Lesson learned is never to give much significance to interview experience until you have offer in hand....

Interview Questions
    • Mostly stuff on my resume.....and some questions testing problem solving skills all circuit related. (ANALOG and DIGITAL)...quite detailed   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in October 2013.

I submitted my resume at the Career Fair on campus. 5 days later their HR called asking me if I am available for an on campus interview two weeks later. I gave an interview on-campus and the process was very well organized. It appears that the recruiters do an initial screening and then show the resume to hiring managers.

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at SanDisk in September 2013.

College recruiting. I sent my resume to HR and was contacted the same day. The interview was arranged next day at school. I was ask some basic device fundamental questions as well as some behavior questions. The interview time was about half an hour. I am still waiting for the results.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in April 2010.

Phone interview first. then two on-site interview.

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk.

The first phase was a phone screen consisting of basic device physics and MOS fundamentals. The questions were very fair: pn junction related, operation of a MOSFET, scaling of a MOSFET.

HR later contacted me for an on-site interview, but over a six-week process of back and forth e-mails and phone calls, they simply stopped responding. The req remains open on the website, so I suspect they dropped the ball. Very unprofessional. I found another position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was related to threshold voltage shift of a scaled MOSFET. This question makes sense since NAND is based on Vt shifting, but it is not in my background and I struggled with it.   Answer Question

Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SanDisk.

Good Interview. Had 2 rounds - telephonic and onsite. Onsite was for around 4.5 hours. Everyone was relaxed. Good questions. Mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

The package was good. I was keen in negotiating the base salary. Upon further negotiation, SanDisk agreed to compensate my request through increasing the joining bonus. However, they were not willing to work on the base salary part. Hence declined the offer.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SanDisk.

I got this interview through the on campus career fair. The hiring manager was very nice and there was no unexpected question. However, they canceled the position and there were no next step.