SanDisk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview first. then two on-site interview.

Interview Question – level shifter.   View Answer

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Senior Device Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview Details – The first phase was a phone screen consisting of basic device physics and MOS fundamentals. The questions were very fair: pn junction related, operation of a MOSFET, scaling of a MOSFET.

HR later contacted me for an on-site interview, but over a six-week process of back and forth e-mails and phone calls, they simply stopped responding. The req remains open on the website, so I suspect they dropped the ball. Very unprofessional. I found another position elsewhere.

Interview Question – The most challenging question was related to threshold voltage shift of a scaled MOSFET. This question makes sense since NAND is based on Vt shifting, but it is not in my background and I struggled with it.   Answer Question

Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Staff Firmware Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview Details – Good Interview. Had 2 rounds - telephonic and onsite. Onsite was for around 4.5 hours. Everyone was relaxed. Good questions. Mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Did not find any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The package was good. I was keen in negotiating the base salary. Upon further negotiation, SanDisk agreed to compensate my request through increasing the joining bonus. However, they were not willing to work on the base salary part. Hence declined the offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview Details – I got this interview through the on campus career fair. The hiring manager was very nice and there was no unexpected question. However, they canceled the position and there were no next step.

Memory Design Intern Interview

Memory Design Intern
San Jose, CA

I interviewed at SanDisk in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from the Hr.
Onsite interview was scheduled.

Interview Question – Draw Nand circuit.   Answer Question

Device Engineer Interview

Device Engineer

Interviewed at SanDisk

Interview Details – Basic device questions, such as PN junction, CMOS, and behavior question. What is your favorite course, why choose our company

Device Engineer Interview

Device Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at SanDisk in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was 3 months from the date I applied. The hiring manager had send me an email about a phone interview, was also contacted by the HR the day before the interview to update my profile on their system.
Interview was focused on fundamentals and broken down questions by the interviewer. He was very patient to explain about the questions and the approach.

Interview Question – What course you disliked the most?   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer I Interview

Reliability Engineer I
Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in June 2013.

Interview Details – I got the interview through employee referral. An HR contacted me and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. The manager called me and asked me about my school projects for 15 minutes. Then I was called for a day long on site interview. All what they asked me was about NAND flash memory. The managers were really nice but some of them were really hard. After two weeks another manager (who wasn't my hiring manager) called me and said he wants me to hire in his group.

Interview Question – If you know NAND flash device physics and architecture you would be ok. Also make sure what goes into your resume because they asked me questions from what I out as my skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the average. I was able to increase a little bit but as a BS NCG it was really very attractive package not to mention that it comes with bonuses and other things too.

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SanDisk in April 2012.

Interview Details – In my opinion, the interview process confused, interviewer confused. Interviewed twice in a rather lengthy several month span; a third interview was scheduled and cancelled with little notice on the day of the interview. Then, I received a subsequent call through a recruiter to interview; I declined.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions, simply a nervous interviewer (an attorney), who apparently was unsure and nervous. Perhaps this was the interview tactic. Then, I, subsequently was referred to this job again by an outside recruiter who informed me that this attorney was "hard to please."   View Answer

Senior Staff Technical Support Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Technical Support Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview and Hiring process was very smooth. Initially I talked with HR manager and then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I then had face to face interview with 4 people including HR and the hiring manager. A day or two later I was contacted and told they would be making me an offer.

Interview Question – I was asked some detailed technical questions with some acronyms which I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate as the offer was acceptable to me and met what I was looking for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SanDisk