SanDisk Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.1

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position at the SanDisk website
    Took one week from a phone call interview to on-site interview.
    Met 6 people including HR manager for 5 hours.
    Each interview took 45 mins except lunch hour with an interviewer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my Ph.D works and previous professional work experience and knowledge.
      Mostly easy, but sharp questions. The hiring manager told me he already knew about me through the phone call interview as well as resume, so it's my tun to ask him about everything. One interviewer grilled me with tricky questions about weird transistor structures. The manager and a technical VP were very friendly and nice guys.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in January 2014.

Interview

I got an email from hiring manager directly that he wants to interview me. After a week interview was fixed. He asked me basic device physics questions with few tricky ones. He was good enough to explain the problems so that I can answer.

Hiring manager told me that HR will get back to me in 7-10 days which never happened. I found that unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Threshold voltage dependence on width variation in MoSFETs ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk in January 2014.

Interview

Get an email from the HM asking for an interview, was not really into this position but agreed to have a conversation.

Interview Questions

• No difficulty questions but all are tech questions. Very basic semiconductor principle questions, like what is n-type Si, NP junction reverse operation, fermi level...   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Possibly most useless HR team in the world.
    They are even more incompetent than the regular lot of HR people. Even though I submitted my resume through a trusted friend, it took ages for HR to actually start the hiring process. That's called a phone call. Ages. And then setting up the F2F interviews took another 2 months. And then another month for the 2nd and 3rd round. And then they never called me back. After interviewing all the way to the top. It's fine that I didn't get the job. Just please have the courtesy to call me and let me know. They never did that. Incredible.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. All normal expected questions any tough interviewer should ask.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Be well prepared. They may ask some very tricky question. In average, they are not so hard. Do not get frustrated if you cannot answer all of them. Keep positive and smiling all the time. Remember, there are more chance waiting for you and you do not have to hang on them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accept the offer without negotiation.

Field Marketing Interview

Interview

One phone and two Skype interviews.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Interviewed by total of 4 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiations.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the Career Fair on campus. 5 days later their HR called asking me if I am available for an on campus interview two weeks later. I gave an interview on-campus and the process was very well organized. It appears that the recruiters do an initial screening and then show the resume to hiring managers.

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

The first phase was a phone screen consisting of basic device physics and MOS fundamentals. The questions were very fair: pn junction related, operation of a MOSFET, scaling of a MOSFET.

HR later contacted me for an on-site interview, but over a six-week process of back and forth e-mails and phone calls, they simply stopped responding. The req remains open on the website, so I suspect they dropped the ball. Very unprofessional. I found another position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question was related to threshold voltage shift of a scaled MOSFET. This question makes sense since NAND is based on Vt shifting, but it is not in my background and I struggled with it.   Answer Question

Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Good Interview. Had 2 rounds - telephonic and onsite. Onsite was for around 4.5 hours. Everyone was relaxed. Good questions. Mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

The package was good. I was keen in negotiating the base salary. Upon further negotiation, SanDisk agreed to compensate my request through increasing the joining bonus. However, they were not willing to work on the base salary part. Hence declined the offer.