SanDisk

3.1

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in May 2014.

There were about 5 rounds of interviews. Recruiters are just jerks. They don't treat you with any respect at all. I drove 50 miles to Milpitas to know that my interview was rescheduled. What a waste of time.
    All they see is f you are local candidate then don't need to spend a penny on you as you waste your time and gas and go. They might not even be interested in filling that position at all.
    I was interviewed in September 2013 and got a call for the same position again in April 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Interview (if done) is a piece of cake. I don't think their existing staff is really competent as there is more competition by KLA tenor and Cisco for resources.   Answer Question

Got furious with the behavior of the recruiters and also I heard bad things in the company reviews where people say its dominated by folks from a particular country.

Packaging Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in May 2014.

Hiring process was smoothly and efficiently handled by HR and the hiring manager. Three phone interviews followed by on-site interview. On-site interview was 5 hours long. There were interviews with three directors, one senior director, VP, senior manager and a staff engineer. Also had a interview with one director during lunch. There was also typical HR interview (behavioral questions) and a half an hour long presentation on one of my works.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of technical questions on electronic package manufacturing processes, solder reliability, wire bonding and detailed questions on my resume.   Answer Question

Product Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SanDisk.

Gave my resume to a recruiter at school. Got an email a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was with recruiter, very basic questions about resume and projects I have worked on. Asked about a specific project - what challenges I had to overcome, how I would improve it, etc. They invited me to an onsite interview right after my phone interview.

At the onsite interview, I talked to 4 people. Some engineers, managers, and the person who would be my supervisor if I received the position. Nothing too technical (in my opinion). Interviewers asked questions from the projects I've been working on, interests, and a few situational questions. Also had a recruiter to do typical HR stuff. I got to talk to the supervisor looking for the employee, and she was really nice so I really wanted the job.

A few weeks later, I received a phone call with my offer.

Interview Questions
    • One of the engineers asked me questions about CS, which was something I was not prepared for. She assured me that it doesn't matter if I didn't know that much, she just wanted to do it for fun (??) and wanted to see how much experience I had.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in February 2014.

1 phone interview, then an half-day on site interview with 4 different engineers.
    Then, the HR for the start date
    HR also wants to know the compensation in the past and checked references.

Interview Questions
    • Write a C function to count the duplicate items and sort them in the linked-list.   Answer Question
    Yes, for some equity participation.

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SanDisk in January 2014.

I applied for this position at the SanDisk website
    Took one week from a phone call interview to on-site interview.
    Met 6 people including HR manager for 5 hours.
    Each interview took 45 mins except lunch hour with an interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me my Ph.D works and previous professional work experience and knowledge.
      Mostly easy, but sharp questions. The hiring manager told me he already knew about me through the phone call interview as well as resume, so it's my tun to ask him about everything. One interviewer grilled me with tricky questions about weird transistor structures. The manager and a technical VP were very friendly and nice guys.

Answer Question

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk.

The first phase was a phone screen consisting of basic device physics and MOS fundamentals. The questions were very fair: pn junction related, operation of a MOSFET, scaling of a MOSFET.

HR later contacted me for an on-site interview, but over a six-week process of back and forth e-mails and phone calls, they simply stopped responding. The req remains open on the website, so I suspect they dropped the ball. Very unprofessional. I found another position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was related to threshold voltage shift of a scaled MOSFET. This question makes sense since NAND is based on Vt shifting, but it is not in my background and I struggled with it.   Answer Question

Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SanDisk.

Good Interview. Had 2 rounds - telephonic and onsite. Onsite was for around 4.5 hours. Everyone was relaxed. Good questions. Mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

The package was good. I was keen in negotiating the base salary. Upon further negotiation, SanDisk agreed to compensate my request through increasing the joining bonus. However, they were not willing to work on the base salary part. Hence declined the offer.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SanDisk in June 2013.

Interview process was lunch with the hiring manager. Spent lunch being informed of the company history/ future and answering any questions I had. When asked if there were any questions for me, the answer was no. This manager was sold on my qualities by a person who worked for this manager who had recommended me.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Was pleased with the offer.

Reliability Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in June 2013.

I got the interview through employee referral. An HR contacted me and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. The manager called me and asked me about my school projects for 15 minutes. Then I was called for a day long on site interview. All what they asked me was about NAND flash memory. The managers were really nice but some of them were really hard. After two weeks another manager (who wasn't my hiring manager) called me and said he wants me to hire in his group.

Interview Questions
    • If you know NAND flash device physics and architecture you would be ok. Also make sure what goes into your resume because they asked me questions from what I out as my skills.   Answer Question
    They offered me the average. I was able to increase a little bit but as a BS NCG it was really very attractive package not to mention that it comes with bonuses and other things too.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk in May 2013.

My interview was with two bumbling SanDisk employees who literally only took 20 minutes and pressured me into making a decision. They could not even tell me what my position tittle would be and mis classified job description on offer letter.

The negotiation was horrible, i declined initial offer and countered. They countered with there initial offer, then i countered with a salary comparison for the job tittle and location. That was countered with there original offer yet again. I stood my ground for 3 weeks and they didn't budge, i accepted and now really regret taking the super low ball offer. I am now paid 52k for a job that should be making minimum 116k. Unethical.