SanDisk Interview Questions & Reviews in Milpitas, CA

3.2

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at SanDisk in October 2012.

Went through 9 in-person and phone interviews. Hiring manager likes to have several candidates in the pool and does not go with you simply because you are the best one. They like to have several points of comparison,

Negotiation was simple. Countered and got what I asked for,

Packaging Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in May 2014.

Hiring process was smoothly and efficiently handled by HR and the hiring manager. Three phone interviews followed by on-site interview. On-site interview was 5 hours long. There were interviews with three directors, one senior director, VP, senior manager and a staff engineer. Also had a interview with one director during lunch. There was also typical HR interview (behavioral questions) and a half an hour long presentation on one of my works.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of technical questions on electronic package manufacturing processes, solder reliability, wire bonding and detailed questions on my resume.   Answer Question

Product Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk.

Gave my resume to a recruiter at school. Got an email a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was with recruiter, very basic questions about resume and projects I have worked on. Asked about a specific project - what challenges I had to overcome, how I would improve it, etc. They invited me to an onsite interview right after my phone interview.

At the onsite interview, I talked to 4 people. Some engineers, managers, and the person who would be my supervisor if I received the position. Nothing too technical (in my opinion). Interviewers asked questions from the projects I've been working on, interests, and a few situational questions. Also had a recruiter to do typical HR stuff. I got to talk to the supervisor looking for the employee, and she was really nice so I really wanted the job.

A few weeks later, I received a phone call with my offer.

Interview Questions
    • One of the engineers asked me questions about CS, which was something I was not prepared for. She assured me that it doesn't matter if I didn't know that much, she just wanted to do it for fun (??) and wanted to see how much experience I had.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in April 2013.

Had to go through initial HR calls, 1-1 phone screening with manager, 3 one - one personal interviews on site, one technical, one behavioral and one technical & behavioral

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SanDisk in January 2014.

I applied for this position at the SanDisk website
    Took one week from a phone call interview to on-site interview.
    Met 6 people including HR manager for 5 hours.
    Each interview took 45 mins except lunch hour with an interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me my Ph.D works and previous professional work experience and knowledge.
      Mostly easy, but sharp questions. The hiring manager told me he already knew about me through the phone call interview as well as resume, so it's my tun to ask him about everything. One interviewer grilled me with tricky questions about weird transistor structures. The manager and a technical VP were very friendly and nice guys.
        Answer Question

Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SanDisk in June 2010.

Initial phone screen followed by a series of face-face interviews

I took what was offered.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in September 2013.

Consists of phone interview + Onsite Interview. Met with 4 team members....from Director of the group to the senior Engineer then concluded with discussion with Senior Staff recruiter.
    Really Nice people.....Had a positive feeling after the interview but unfortunately no offer. Lesson learned is never to give much significance to interview experience until you have offer in hand....

Interview Questions
    • Mostly stuff on my resume.....and some questions testing problem solving skills all circuit related. (ANALOG and DIGITAL)...quite detailed   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in April 2010.

Phone interview first. then two on-site interview.

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk.

The first phase was a phone screen consisting of basic device physics and MOS fundamentals. The questions were very fair: pn junction related, operation of a MOSFET, scaling of a MOSFET.

HR later contacted me for an on-site interview, but over a six-week process of back and forth e-mails and phone calls, they simply stopped responding. The req remains open on the website, so I suspect they dropped the ball. Very unprofessional. I found another position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was related to threshold voltage shift of a scaled MOSFET. This question makes sense since NAND is based on Vt shifting, but it is not in my background and I struggled with it.   Answer Question

Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SanDisk.

Good Interview. Had 2 rounds - telephonic and onsite. Onsite was for around 4.5 hours. Everyone was relaxed. Good questions. Mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

The package was good. I was keen in negotiating the base salary. Upon further negotiation, SanDisk agreed to compensate my request through increasing the joining bonus. However, they were not willing to work on the base salary part. Hence declined the offer.

Worked for SanDisk? Contribute to the Community!