SanDisk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Reliability Engineer I Interview

Reliability Engineer I
Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in June 2013.

Interview Details – I got the interview through employee referral. An HR contacted me and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. The manager called me and asked me about my school projects for 15 minutes. Then I was called for a day long on site interview. All what they asked me was about NAND flash memory. The managers were really nice but some of them were really hard. After two weeks another manager (who wasn't my hiring manager) called me and said he wants me to hire in his group.

Interview Question – If you know NAND flash device physics and architecture you would be ok. Also make sure what goes into your resume because they asked me questions from what I out as my skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the average. I was able to increase a little bit but as a BS NCG it was really very attractive package not to mention that it comes with bonuses and other things too.

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SanDisk in April 2012.

Interview Details – In my opinion, the interview process confused, interviewer confused. Interviewed twice in a rather lengthy several month span; a third interview was scheduled and cancelled with little notice on the day of the interview. Then, I received a subsequent call through a recruiter to interview; I declined.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions, simply a nervous interviewer (an attorney), who apparently was unsure and nervous. Perhaps this was the interview tactic. Then, I, subsequently was referred to this job again by an outside recruiter who informed me that this attorney was "hard to please."   View Answer

Revenue Analyst Interview

Revenue Analyst
Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SanDisk in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Hiring Manager Interview, and then on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of 6 people at separate times to meet with all people you'd be working with

Interview Question – Biggest Weakness   Answer Question

Director of Materials Interview

Director of Materials
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SanDisk in May 2009.

Interview Details – There was an initial telephone pre-qualification verification from HR. Then the hiring manager conducted a phone interview. An invitation was received for a direct, follow-on interview with the hiring manager. Finally an interview was scheduled with four additional associates.

Interview Question – Give an example of your greatest failure and explain how it could have been prevented.   Answer Question

ASIC Intern Interview

ASIC Intern
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview Details – HR contacted me directly regarding the intern position and after that for an onsite interview 6 people from ASIC team took my interview.

Interview Question – Digital VLSI questions   View Answer

Customer Firmware Engineer Interview

Customer Firmware Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SanDisk in March 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring manager called me and asked very basic C questions and SATA questions. She seemed very friendly. (More to come later). They flew me out to Milpitas for onsite interview.

Onsite interview was a mess. When I got there, they didnt have a meeting room available for interview. They were looking for a room for first 15 mins. The first guy who interviewed me was very rude. He brought a laptop in the room, he kept working on his laptop entire time he interviewed me. Then he asked me to write a program on white board, which I did. But he kept working on his laptop and didnt see my work on white board. Hiring manager interviewed me after that, she didnt have time that day and she only interviewed me for 20 mins instead of scheduled 45 mins. She kept insisting that I didnt do any useful work at my current job - which was very rude. There were 3 other technical interviews with 3 different people which were normal.

I answered most of the interview questions and was very hopeful that I would get an offer. They never communicated about the offer after the interview. I called HR 3 times and talked to her, she keeps telling me that she would update me about the interview outcome but she never informed me. No replies to emails either. I never heard back from them.

Very Easy Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SanDisk in February 2013.

Interview Details – First, you have to meet up with person from HR. They are very friendly and ask you some general questions. Then I was interviewed by the product manager, which was all right. The people there are really friendly.

Interview Question – n/a. pretty general questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They actually give me more than what I asked for. Awesome

Manager I Interview

Manager I
Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SanDisk in October 2008.

Interview Details – Several phone screens before site visit to Milpitas, 4 rounds of technical interview, hiring manager was present throughout the day, which was different, 1:1 with hiring manager was very long, well over 2-3 hours spanning project management questions, technical questions, probably even solution seeking questions, total interview lasted about 8 hours.

Interview Question – Can't think of anything   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lots of negotiation - this is generally the culture.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Revenue Analyst
Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in February 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview process was very basic and nicluded basic behavioral questions. The second interview was over the phone with the manager that I would be working with. The second interview was getting to know my skills more.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Digital Design Engineer II Interview

Digital Design Engineer II
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SanDisk in March 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from the recruiter saying that I have been selected for digital design engineer 2. she arranged me a phone interview on the same day and she requested me to accept it. I was okay for the phone interview.

After phone interview, I was called for onsite interview which they called as "college day event".

there were 10 members including me for the interview. the onsite interview was well, not much technical but everything on your resume.

Interview Question – Everything on resume   Answer Question