SanDisk Senior Device Engineer Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Device Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at SanDisk in January 2014.

Get an email from the HM asking for an interview, was not really into this position but agreed to have a conversation.

Interview Questions
  • No difficulty questions but all are tech questions. Very basic semiconductor principle questions, like what is n-type Si, NP junction reverse operation, fermi level...   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SanDisk

Senior Device Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in January 2014.

I got an email from hiring manager directly that he wants to interview me. After a week interview was fixed. He asked me basic device physics questions with few tricky ones. He was good enough to explain the problems so that I can answer.

Hiring manager told me that HR will get back to me in 7-10 days which never happened. I found that unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Threshold voltage dependence on width variation in MoSFETs ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk.

The first phase was a phone screen consisting of basic device physics and MOS fundamentals. The questions were very fair: pn junction related, operation of a MOSFET, scaling of a MOSFET.

HR later contacted me for an on-site interview, but over a six-week process of back and forth e-mails and phone calls, they simply stopped responding. The req remains open on the website, so I suspect they dropped the ball. Very unprofessional. I found another position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was related to threshold voltage shift of a scaled MOSFET. This question makes sense since NAND is based on Vt shifting, but it is not in my background and I struggled with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at SanDisk in September 2013.

College recruiting. I sent my resume to HR and was contacted the same day. The interview was arranged next day at school. I was ask some basic device fundamental questions as well as some behavior questions. The interview time was about half an hour. I am still waiting for the results.

Interview Questions

Worked for SanDisk? Contribute to the Community!