SanDisk Senior Device Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Contacted through HR and arranged a phone interview, and took a week to fix a date, and got a phone interview from a director of the device engineering and went through the introduction of the company and the routine role of the jobs, and asked about 10 device related questions, went though the research work a little bit, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SanDisk

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Referral from friend. Total process took 2 months. 2 weeks for the phone interview. Questions are standard, short channel effects and breakdown mechanisms. 2 weeks later for full day interview. The first interviewer didn't show up. He showed up at the end, and pushed the everything one hour later. Extremely unprofessional. Took 1 more month before before results were given.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard. Know your band diagrams, short channel effects and basic MOS operation.   Answer Question

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SanDisk in January 2014.

Interview

I got an email from hiring manager directly that he wants to interview me. After a week interview was fixed. He asked me basic device physics questions with few tricky ones. He was good enough to explain the problems so that I can answer.

Hiring manager told me that HR will get back to me in 7-10 days which never happened. I found that unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Threshold voltage dependence on width variation in MoSFETs ?   Answer Question

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SanDisk in January 2014.

Interview

Get an email from the HM asking for an interview, was not really into this position but agreed to have a conversation.

Interview Questions

• No difficulty questions but all are tech questions. Very basic semiconductor principle questions, like what is n-type Si, NP junction reverse operation, fermi level...   1 Answer

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

The first phase was a phone screen consisting of basic device physics and MOS fundamentals. The questions were very fair: pn junction related, operation of a MOSFET, scaling of a MOSFET.

HR later contacted me for an on-site interview, but over a six-week process of back and forth e-mails and phone calls, they simply stopped responding. The req remains open on the website, so I suspect they dropped the ball. Very unprofessional. I found another position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question was related to threshold voltage shift of a scaled MOSFET. This question makes sense since NAND is based on Vt shifting, but it is not in my background and I struggled with it.   Answer Question

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at SanDisk (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

College recruiting. I sent my resume to HR and was contacted the same day. The interview was arranged next day at school. I was ask some basic device fundamental questions as well as some behavior questions. The interview time was about half an hour. I am still waiting for the results.