SanMar

Very Easy Interview

Runner Interview

Runner
West Chester, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SanMar in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hired through PrideSaff, very easy and simple. Drug test, background check, a few easy questions. Interviewed on a Monday and then i started Thursday. There are no difficult or tricky questions to answer, it is straight forward and easy. I interviewed with Tia, she was awesome!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Issaquah, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SanMar in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview by phone. Second interview included a math test, customer service call center simulation test and writing test. The math portion was basic problem solving and a calculator was supplied. The writing test; respond to a customer complaint. I was allowed to sit with a current Account Executive and observe. During the interview I was asked about my observation and what I thought.

Interview Question – All standard interview questions with the exception of: Tell me something nice you recently did for someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Designer Interview

Designer
Preston, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at SanMar in May 2011.

Interview Details – 4 interviews over 2 1/2 months seemed a bit excessive.
The company did not seem at all organized in their hiring process.
They said they are growing, but are not managing this growth in a professional manor.

Interview Question – What was my favorite sports team.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The official offer did not match what was negotiated on the phone with the hiring manager.
It took over 2 weeks to get the details confirmed and presented as originally negotiated.
I was also given 3 different start dates during this time frame.
There was also so much misinformation on company policies from the person who would be my direct manager, I was concerned the confusion would continue after my start date, making for an unhappy situation.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Issaquah, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SanMar in June 2010.

Interview Details – There was an HR recruiter at SanMar who did the initial interview and conducted the skills test. The tests were math and customer service related - one on paper and one on the computer. On the same day, there was a second interview (upper management). They said the offer was contingent on a successful background and drug test.

Interview Question – Give examples in your last position where you provided a special type of customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no way to negotiate. They mislead you to believe there's a pay range, but once you interview, they explain everyone gets the same pay in the take it or leave it kind of way. My advice is to really think about if you can be happy with the pay.

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Software Quality Assurance
Issaquah, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SanMar in May 2011.

Interview Details – Overall, the people were very friendly and I enjoyed meeting with everyone. I've been in Software Quality for 10 years and this was the worst interview follow up I've ever experienced. Not because I wasn't offered a position, but because they do not communicate with the interview candidates. You are left in limbo. Common courtesy is that you follow up with people so they can move on with their job search. My recommendation would be to send a follow up email or phone call; if no one responds, move on with your job search. They might call you back within the next 30 days if you are lucky.

Interview Question – They have a document that they print out to ask you questions. No original thought process at all.   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer
Issaquah, WA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at SanMar in May 2009.

Interview Details – Had phone interview which included question about my salary requirements. I avoided this, but they contacted me again later saying they couldn't go further in the interview process without knowing what I wanted to earn. They wanted to pay around $55k.

The hiring manager was very impressive. She was friendly, easy to talk with, had intelligent questions, and when I turned the tables to ask her about her managerial style and what she wanted in an employee her answers were VERY good. She talked about how much she valued a trustworthy employee (obviously), and that she encouraged her employees to grow in their career and in the company. She seemed supportive and willing to mentor.

Interview Questions

Worked for SanMar? Contribute to the Community!