SandRidge Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SandRidge Energy in September 2013.

Interview Details – Obtained an interview through the AAPG Student Expo in Houston. Interview was fairly informal with a bit of discussion concerning the companies areas of operation and geologic concepts. Interview was only 15-20 minutes in length.

Interview Question – Explaining thesis research   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Measurement Tech Interview

Senior Measurement Tech
Alva, OK

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at SandRidge Energy.

Interview Details – Very easy. No real questions. I figured the person who interviewed me had limited or no knowledge of what I did. Really I was a shoe in due to the current employee that recommended me. I could have wore flip flops to the meeting and still got the job. I loved it

Interview Question – What my weight was   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SandRidge Energy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Found this position through my university's job board in Oklahoma. Received a call from an HR recruiter, set up an on-site interview with a panel of 4 supervisors in different areas of Sandridge IT. They each four asked me different questions about previous work history, interests in IT, and my familiarity with certain programming languages and IT techniques.

HR representative then asked me about offers at different companies and general salaries, so they could ensure their offer could "stay competitive." I received an offer about a month and a half later.

Interview Question – What area of IT do you see yourself working in post-graduation?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was honest about my salary offers at other companies. HR representative wanted to "stay competitive" for intern salary, but my offer came in at 70% of the lowest number I indicated. I declined because with this type of intern salary, I could only doubt how seriously the organization would take full-time graduates and pay them.

Facility Engineer Interview

Facility Engineer

Interviewed at SandRidge Energy

Interview Details – had three interviews with most of the VPs and they were asking about the industry questions and how jobs i have done in the past

Interview Question – nothing is really hard to say   Answer Question

Lease Analyst Interview

Lease Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SandRidge Energy in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed 3 times: (1) HR recruiter interviewed me and got info for a background check, and I interviewed with the supervisor I would be working with. (2) Phone interview with supervisor and the person who would be train me. (3) met the VP for the department at the time, and met with the supervisor once more. I was then offered the job upon a negative drug test a few days after that, and started a week after that. It took about a month. That was 3 years ago and it was for an Office Services entry-level position. Now, being promoted as a lease analyst with my experience and education, I would probably only need one interview, mayyybe two over the course of a week or so. Tips on how to get hired? If you don't already have a connection on the inside, it will be harder. However, not impossible: if you don't apply online, they will NOT even look at you. Do it. It's how their system processes the information on your resume. Your resume is something nice for them to look at when they're sitting across from you.

Interview Question – I remember just being honest, and myself, being professional and well-dressed. I'm educated and sharp and good at my job. But I have seen them hire alcoholics. I've seen them hire smelly, dirty people who fall asleep at their desk, too. I've seen them hire men in their 50s who can't add without a calculator and don't know how to use Excel. They've hired outside the company, and outside the industry, for management positions who are then laid off after failing miserably. I take comfort in knowing they make me look better, and someday when I'm all grown up, I will be a phenomenal manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I would never negotiate. I'm a woman, so that was probably stupid. I was just happy to have a job. I started at $28K, and 7 reviews/raises later, I'm making 40K. Pretty good, but less than average, I guess.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SandRidge Energy in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very Impressed with Sandridge, the interview was low key and low stress. Discussing the company, current position and reason to interview with Sandridge.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the Company and overall knowledge of Sandridge in the industry.   View Answer
  • Several HR scenarios with employee issues.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at SandRidge Energy.

Interview Details – Simple and to the point.

Interview Question – Engineering related. Either you know it or not. If you don't know it, then say "I don't know."   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SandRidge Energy in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initially communicated with the company online, and then in person.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Worked for SandRidge Energy? Contribute to the Community!