Sanderson Farms

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sanderson Farms

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sanderson Farms.

The interview is very basic. I did not receive any behavioral questions. The manager just got a feel for who I was and told me the expectations. He explained the position but I would not say I truly knew what I was getting into after leaving. You should come in dressed professionally and bring a resume. Ask a lot of questions because if you don't you will leave without enough information. Once hired you will begin rotations through each department. Expect to work all kinds of shifts and positions. You will be asked to fill in for hourly employees. Some of the position can be potentially dangerous and extremely labor intensive. You will get dirty and when I say dirty I mean disgusting. Overtime will be required almost weekly. There are no forty hour weeks for a trainee.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiating. They set all the terms and rules.

Janitor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanderson Farms in January 2014.

Seemed to be pretty straightforward. Phone interview with manager, went ok I thought, but they filled the position. Maybe I will have better luck next time. They seemed to have good benefits package though.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst thing you had to clean   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl, MS
    Anonymous Employee in Pearl, MS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanderson Farms in March 2012.

Very long day. Bring your own snack because unfortunately they will not even offer you water. First you tour the chicken processing plant. Next, they show a presentation of the company and have you fill out a written application. After the 1 on 1 interview, idk what to tell you because it seems like if you do not ask what comes next, then you will miss the group interview which is very much like the one on one interview but more laid back. From what I saw in the corporate office, there wasn't very much diversity there.

Beginning Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanderson Farms in June 2011.

I did the online app, and was called 2-3 weeks later. This is no exaggeration. I drove three hours for a 35 minute interview. When you get there you will have to fill out a paper application. During the interview I was asked three questions. 1. Why do you want to work here? 2. Why do you think you will be a good fit? 3. Would you have a problem with the work load and hours? I was told it would be a minimum of 12 hours a day, start to finish. The interview was at 20 minutes at this point. I was then asked if I had any questions, which took up the other 15 minutes. I was told to call back later that week. I did not call back.

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McComb, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McComb, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sanderson Farms in October 2010.

Make sure you are boring, come in the door dressed well but conservatively let the boss do the talking he doesn't really care what you think if your in there for the interview basically your goal is to screw up less than the other candidates. He will say everything he wants to hear so be quiet listen for cue's and regurgitate.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you more qualified for this position than your resume.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation they pay you what they think your worth and if you don't like it go elsewhere.

Debone II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanderson Farms in July 2010.

went in for 1:1 interview, physical

none

Specialty Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanderson Farms in November 2010.

come prepared to stay some time you'll have paperwork first and they check it to ake sure you didn't skip or leave anything out next you'll have a one on one interview with a supervisor and if they like you then yuo'll be giving a drug test (which they do on site) and if that's clean a nurse will check things like blood pressure and any medical problems. my advice don't go to the bathroom after the one on one interview. any medical problems, make sure u have a release form from your dr. or no job until u get one.

Interview Questions
    • can u work in any situation with or without he necessary tools?   View Answer