Sandia

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sandia in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had a two day interview and met with a total of 15 people and gave a presentation based upon my Ph.D. work. The interview was very relaxed, most people asked me what questions I had about Sandia and about the city. I only got a few questions based upon my presentation. Besides that, there were no technical questions. Most of the time during the interviews was spent with me asking the interviewers about their research.

Interview Question – Why don't you want to go into academia?   Answer Question

Livermore, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sandia in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process at Sandia was very pleasant. I had the opportunity to go on site and meet with some of the different groups that I would potentially work with. As part of the interview process I gave a brief presentation on my previous work (some of my research projects). Everyone was very nice, however the pace seemed a little too slow for my current stage in my career.

Interview Question – How you ever been on a team with a bad teammate?   Answer Question

Livermore, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sandia in September 2009.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at college career fair and had initial on campus interview. Got email notification for on site visit and interview. Had several one on one interviews and a group interview gave a presentation on my research. Answered several questions regarding my research. Was given tours of various labs and talked about what they did there.

Interview Question – What conflicts have you have with coworkers and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question

Albuquerque, NM

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sandia in March 2008.

Interview Details – Had initial phone interview, then person to person behavioral interview. Could not discuss much about project to protect information. Experience overal was better than expected and compared to other industry interviews was easier than expect. Process is quite slow to be hired on to Sandia, but was assured they are working on it.

Interview Question – What is the best quality about yourself?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sandia

Worked for Sandia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sandia Engineering interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sandia employees and interview candidates.