Sandia Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia.

Interview

I applied online (the recruiter at my school isn't exactly the most likable person, so not many people seem to talk to him). A couple months later, I got an email and set up a phone interview with my to be manager. He was really friendly and sociable. Questions were all behavioral and/or about my resume and past experiences. At the end of the interview, he basically told me that I had the position and a few days later, I got an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about project x that you did.   Answer Question
  • What has been the most difficult challenge you've faced working with a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sandia

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sandia (Livermore, CA).

Interview

Interview with a university representative. All questions concerned my research (Ph.D. student) and future career goals. I had a follow-up phone interview with my potential advisor; again, all technical questions about my research. The hiring process is slow, so apply in the fall for a summer internship. The government lab environment is very similar to academia. I had an advisor, and we collaborated on a research project together. Pay was commensurate with my education, and the location was great for sight-seeing around the SF bay area.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions related to my research, and the behavioral questions were typical of any C.S. interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internships.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2011.

Interview

Pretty basic/average. Applied online, was called in for a panel interview 2 weeks later (4 people from the department I was applying with), offered the job 1 week after the interview. All interviews at Sandia are standardized. They score your interview based on criteria set by the HR department. The interviewer asks a mixture of background or job qualification questions and anywhere between 5-10 behavioral questions. If you are interviewing with a manager that you know personally (which happens OFTEN) then the process may be slightly less formal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a partner or co-worker and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interns: Salary and raises are based on the number of credit hours completed (under 30 hours, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, etc..). Raises are roughly $1.25/hr

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sandia.

Interview

First got an email with a written interview, later just waited for a response, after two months they notified the ones that got hired.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandia in December 2010.

Interview

Started with an in depth email questionnaire. Followed up with a phone call to schedule an in person interview. Finished with the in person interview

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to work with a difficult team member on a school project.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with the difficult team member?   Answer Question