Sandia Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sandia.

I talked to someone at a Career Fair who directed me to apply online. I then received a call about 3 months later and got an interview. I got an offer about a week later and started about a month after that.

Interview wasn't too complicated but did last all day. I was taken on a tour of the labs and spoke with different managers that I would interface with. Only about 1 hour of the day was an actual interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Sandia

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Was straightforward, I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager. I conducted a phone interview with her and then went in for an onsite interview. Gave a 30 min presentation on my work and then completed some behavioral/technical interviews, and was hired within one month of applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sandia in June 2011.

WAY easy interview - they don't ask any technical questions whatsoever. It seemed like they were pitching me to pick their group to work.

HR was kind of disorganized. I talked to a recruiter who then pointed me to a posting, then i heard from several managers, but recruiting/staffing had no idea. No one to help or direct me because there's no way to call. Total disaster but it got coordinated.

People were way to concerned about GPA at this place, bad warning sign to work there.

Interview Questions

I was impressed with the site, technologies. But talking to employees there, there's only room to climb through title. Benefits are a MAJOR decline at the national labs, raises are horrible, not much for bonuses. Technical people have been leaving and recruited from other places since the Labs can't keep good quality.

Apparently they are hiring so many people, a bunch of folks stated that the bar has lowered tremendously.

Essentially they look at college + GPA + clearance or eligibility and you're in.

Not sure - we are always told to never work for a company that doesn't do technical interviews. It's just a mess because you will be working with low caliber technical people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livermore, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sandia in October 2010.

The interview consisted of a full day of 1:1 interviews plus a group presentation and a lunch with two other staff members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livermore, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sandia in November 2008.

I knew someone working there and submitted resume through him. Whole day of 1:1 and 2:1. Very bright people. Liked to talk about their projects. They were more interested in whether you could potentially contribute to a problem they were solving than any specific questions on programming syntax. They are also very concerned with education.

Interview Questions
    • I got a bunch of math problems from one of the interviewers.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sandia in April 2011.

S.E.E event interview, where ~60 other candidates were invited. Several interviews were arranged for each person, from different groups. The people are friendly and generally appear to be very proud in the work that they do for the government. Interviews were fairly casual and relaxed. The lab site is very large and expansive, with many well-stocked research labs, located on an air force base. Traversing the site requires a car.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sandia? Contribute to the Community!