Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services

Various Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services in June 2014.

They are now looking into using a group testing method for their interviews. One of the tests word association and basic math skills (figuring out a pattern). Then from there you are tested on billing situations, tariff classification and drawback situations. It is based on those results if you move on to the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Practicing word association and numerical patterns would have helped. Knowing how to search words on a website (clt + f) to search words within the website document would have helped me to complete more on the classification test they handed out. Knowing some basic billing/invoice math would have helped as well.   Answer Question
    I am yet to accept and I am going to be contacted further. The positions they were testing for my results fell just short of what they wanted for an analyst position, but due to my interactions with the staff there they believed I had potential to work my way there. They offered a lower position with low pay that allows me to take advantage of free training and build my skills to later apply for analyst positions.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services in May 2012.

Initially had a phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was fairly easy. A standard tell me about yourself. Afterwards, I was brought in for a group interview - very standard questions. As long as you aren't nervous and can demonstrate you know something about US Customs and international trade you will do fine.

I negotiated but was told it was difficult to shift. Was not able to get a better offer.

Post Entry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services in June 2011.

The process was relatively smooth and stress free. A friend of mine had recommonded me so I believe that helped. I interviewed there for two different positions. I didn't get the first position but they then recommended me to another newly promoted manager hiring to replace himself. The people were very nice and easy going, they were dressed quite casually.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation, they just offered me the least amount of my requested range. Looking back I should have requested more from the beginning.

Business Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services in October 2010.

Looks are not always what they seem. Very dissapointing while working there. Was promised things that never came to be and the interview went well. Interveiwed with only one person at STTAS and did more invterviewing at the employment agency. WIsh things would have worked out for me there, due to the fact one of the few jobs I have had I loved in the beginning