Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services

Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services

Trade Preference Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Farmington Hills, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Three Stages. First is a phone interview, if you pass that they invite you to group testing. Group testing includes verbal/math skills (simple stuff, but it's like 80 questions in 15mins so you have to be fast). You also go over some basic classification/trade preference problems/examples. Takes a few hours.

Third step is the in-person interview.

Various Positions Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Farmington Hills, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

They are now looking into using a group testing method for their interviews. One of the tests word association and basic math skills (figuring out a pattern). Then from there you are tested on billing situations, tariff classification and drawback situations. It is based on those results if you move on to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Practicing word association and numerical patterns would have helped. Knowing how to search words on a website (clt + f) to search words within the website document would have helped me to complete more on the classification test they handed out. Knowing some basic billing/invoice math would have helped as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am yet to accept and I am going to be contacted further. The positions they were testing for my results fell just short of what they wanted for an analyst position, but due to my interactions with the staff there they believed I had potential to work my way there. They offered a lower position with low pay that allows me to take advantage of free training and build my skills to later apply for analyst positions.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Greenville, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was fairly easy. A standard tell me about yourself. Afterwards, I was brought in for a group interview - very standard questions. As long as you aren't nervous and can demonstrate you know something about US Customs and international trade you will do fine.

Negotiation

I negotiated but was told it was difficult to shift. Was not able to get a better offer.

Post Entry Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Farmington Hills, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

The process was relatively smooth and stress free. A friend of mine had recommonded me so I believe that helped. I interviewed there for two different positions. I didn't get the first position but they then recommended me to another newly promoted manager hiring to replace himself. The people were very nice and easy going, they were dressed quite casually.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation, they just offered me the least amount of my requested range. Looking back I should have requested more from the beginning.

Business Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services in October 2010.

Interview

Looks are not always what they seem. Very dissapointing while working there. Was promised things that never came to be and the interview went well. Interveiwed with only one person at STTAS and did more invterviewing at the employment agency. WIsh things would have worked out for me there, due to the fact one of the few jobs I have had I loved in the beginning