Sandoz Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.9

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandoz (Melville, NY).

Interview

The process was good, was contacted by a talent acquisition person for an interview. Then afterwards by HR. I was interviewed by a panel of 4 people. Nothing too hard was asked.

Interview Questions

• UPLC and HPLC problems, conflict in the workplace, regular questions, nothing too hard   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Interview

During the interview, the leader of their team seemed to just be having fun in the interview. At first I thought it could have simply been his personality, however as time went on it became clear he was mocking me. It was one of the most humiliating experiences of my career. Totally unprofessional, waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What schedule would you want to work?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sandoz (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

At the very beginning, I was asked to do a very brief self introduction, then followed by behavior questions. I got the interview from a professor's recommendation and the 1st interview was done on phone. The interviewer was quite tough. He asked more questions based on the interviewee's reusme and experience.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sandoz (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

General questions, nothing difficult. I went through 2 rounds including 2 on-sites. The process went quite well and people are very nice. The interview was scheduled whole day long, 1:1s with 5-8 back-to-back

Analyst Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sandoz (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Job application thru company website. It took about 2 weeks for an offsite recruiter to call and make time for a phone screen. During the screen, a list of behavioral questions were asked that targeted past job experiences and how they were handled. The recruiter was trying to see how I responded to stress and unstable situations. During the screen the recruiter types up his answer to prepare it for the actual hiring manager to read along with recommendations. The recruiter said he would recommend to the hiring manager that I get a phone interview. He was nice enough to provide insights on how to prepare (understand Sandoz products, current events). 2-3.5 weeks later, HR from corporate contacts me to set up phone interview. This was when I started to lose interest with the interview and the opportunity as a whole. Rather than asking for a list of possible times I could do the phone interview with the hiring manager, it was stated that I will do the interview at a specific day and time. This shows no flexibility at all. Yes, it can be assumed that any manager would be busy, but at least ask for specific times that would work for the candidate. I got the phone interview time straightened out. It was supposed to be up to 30 minutes but was cut in half by the hiring manager during the actual interview. The questions were similar to the initial phone screen but talks in detail about the job description and fit. I was told he would like to bring me in for an on-site interview. The request from HR actually came earlier than expected:4 business days. At that point, I declined because I already accepted an offer. If you are interviewing here, be aware of the amount of time it could take to set up your interviews. Perhaps the biggest turn off to expect is the lack of flexibility for interview time.

Medical Director Interview

Interview

It was almost a month from the time I had my initial telephone interview to the actual live interview. Two of the interviews were telephone interviews. I was treated in a professional manner. The interview approach was behavioral-based, consisting of questions about how I would react or have handled different situations in the past. I felt they did not ask enough questions about my technical expertise.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandoz.

Interview

industry standard format - telephone interview followed by on-site and then follow up

Interview Questions

• all questions were standard - none too difficult - none too easy   Answer Question

Negotiation

limited room for negotiation

Interview

The first round interview was going over my resume really quickly, and being described to about the projects that were available. Based on my experience, I was asked to choose the project that better fits my interest and background. The second round interview goes deeper on my resume, about what skills I have used in the projects I have done. Then I was asked a specific question that how would I help them improve the demand forecast accuracy with historical data and expert recommendations.

Interview Questions

• The second round interview I was asked a specific question that how would I help them improve the demand forecast accuracy with historical data and expert recommendations. I was asked to detail the techniques that could help them reduce the forecast error.   Answer Question

Chemist III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sandoz in January 2014.

Interview

It was a Direct interview. I was refered by a friend. I received an email from the administrative staff for scheduling an appointment for interview. i was interviewd by my Manager and on of the supervisors.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about time management, my learning curve, My Masters project and what were the constraints I had to face. How I solved them ? My short term adn Long term goals.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sandoz (Broomfield, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

Very smooth and quick process. Applied through temp agency, delayed interviews due to FDA presence but once that was done I met with the managers and was working there within a week.

Interview Questions

• Discussing your own weaknesses. I always have trouble with that one though.   Answer Question