Sandvik

2.9

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sandvik.

Very laid back interview, mostly just general conversation. Not all interviews will be this way though, it depends what department you are going into. They hire through temp agencies for 99% of the positions. If you know someone that works there its pretty much a guarantee that you would have a job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions asked to me though I suppose it depends on who you are going to interview with. Some managers are way more serious and others are laughable.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvik in January 2012.

Through a consultant, direct one on one interaction with the MD, though initially i was not interested initially but after the interview i changed by decision and then decided to join.

no accepted the offer

Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sandvik.

I applied through the website for an auditor position at Sandviken (Sweden). After a short time I was contacted by HR Direct, their in house recruitment team and asked to attend an interview an Sandviken. This was fine and after a further week I was asked to attend a further interview with a senior HR officer in Stockholm; this was only a 30 minute general discussion and seemed a little anodyne and largely pointless.

I was then asked to attend a further interview with the Head of Department, who was based in London and this was when things started to take a bizarre turn. I was asked to arrange the interview myself (?) and provided with a telephone number to call. After numerous unsuccessful attempts (15+) at making contact, I sent an email to the company and the Head of Department contacted me directly and asked me to meet him in London. The interview was badly organised and amateurish, but of medium complexity in terms of its content. I was told by this individual that he had no power or authority to hire anyone and that a decision would have to made by someone who they hadn't yet hired (!) Anyway, things went quiet for a few weeks and reference requests were made and completed. After a further period of weeks I was asked to complete a Briggs/Myers type test and then attend a de-brief interview at Sandviken (Sweden). Once again, this was not taxing and I left with a positive impression. I was told at the conclusion of this process that I would have a final decision on the recruitment process in a couple of weeks.

Several weeks elapsed and I contacted the Head of Department who basically just kept delaying and delaying. Eventually, he told me that a new Group Department Head had been recruited and that he may wish to be involved in my recruitment process. A further week passed (the process in total took 3 months +) and I was exasperated with the waiting, so I just phoned up and was told 'no' and given some vague reasons/platitudes as to why. The next day I was sent an explanatory email, which didn't elaborate any further.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvik in April 2011.

CV and Covering letter submission followed by an interview

No negotiation done.

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sandvik.

Phone interview, f2f, testing

Interview Questions
    • What personaly stile would you bring to the copany?   View Answer
    short and effective

Marketing and Communication Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvik in November 2011.

I had got the call from the HR for this job . As I have persued MBA in marketing so prepared my self for the interview as well as studied about the organization . Then got the interview date . My interview was taken by my manager . There various questions related to my projects which I had done during my MBA . Questions about my expectation from the organization was asked by the manager . Then i got the call from the organization about my selection .

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sandvik in October 2010.

it was good

Design Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sandvik.

The process was too lengthy. It took almost two months and 9 different tests, exams, group discussions and interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Should Sandvik spend a part of its profit on environment?   View Answer