Sandvik Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

2.9

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sandvik (Pune (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

applied through college or university. The process took a week and then they call all the selected persons

Interview Questions

• Got in through Campus Interview.. started with GD and then selected 1 candidates for PI.. then another final round of PI for last 5 candidates.   Answer Question

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Stuttgart (Germany)) in March 2015.

Interview

Ein Gespräch hat stattgefunden. Der Geschäftsführer und zwei Mitarbeiter von Personalwesen waren in dem Gespräch dabei. Die Kommunikation (Terminvereinbarung) läuft gut über die Zentrale in Düsseldorf. Der Prozess ist sehr effizient gelaufen.Flexibel wegen Terminkoordination. Keine Tests. Keine schwerige Frage. Sehr informel und angenehm. Fragen über Lebenslauf usw. Ausführliche Information über Sandvik, Organisation und die Zusammenarbeit mit anderen Werken.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sandvik.

Interview

I applied through the website for an auditor position at Sandviken (Sweden). After a short time I was contacted by HR Direct, their in house recruitment team and asked to attend an interview an Sandviken. This was fine and after a further week I was asked to attend a further interview with a senior HR officer in Stockholm; this was only a 30 minute general discussion and seemed a little anodyne and largely pointless. I was then asked to attend a further interview with the Head of Department, who was based in London and this was when things started to take a bizarre turn. I was asked to arrange the interview myself (?) and provided with a telephone number to call. After numerous unsuccessful attempts (15+) at making contact, I sent an email to the company and the Head of Department contacted me directly and asked me to meet him in London. The interview was badly organised and amateurish, but of medium complexity in terms of its content. I was told by this individual that he had no power or authority to hire anyone and that a decision would have to made by someone who they hadn't yet hired (!) Anyway, things went quiet for a few weeks and reference requests were made and completed. After a further period of weeks I was asked to complete a Briggs/Myers type test and then attend a de-brief interview at Sandviken (Sweden). Once again, this was not taxing and I left with a positive impression. I was told at the conclusion of this process that I would have a final decision on the recruitment process in a couple of weeks. Several weeks elapsed and I contacted the Head of Department who basically just kept delaying and delaying. Eventually, he told me that a new Group Department Head had been recruited and that he may wish to be involved in my recruitment process. A further week passed (the process in total took 3 months +) and I was exasperated with the waiting, so I just phoned up and was told 'no' and given some vague reasons/platitudes as to why. The next day I was sent an explanatory email, which didn't elaborate any further.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik in January 2012.

Interview

Through a consultant, direct one on one interaction with the MD, though initially i was not interested initially but after the interview i changed by decision and then decided to join.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no accepted the offer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sandvik (Milford, CT).

Interview

Very laid back interview, mostly just general conversation. Not all interviews will be this way though, it depends what department you are going into. They hire through temp agencies for 99% of the positions. If you know someone that works there its pretty much a guarantee that you would have a job.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked to me though I suppose it depends on who you are going to interview with. Some managers are way more serious and others are laughable.   Answer Question

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

Phone interview, f2f, testing

Interview Questions

• What personaly stile would you bring to the copany?   1 Answer

Negotiation

short and effective

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Sheffield, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

CV and Covering letter submission followed by an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation done.

Design Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandvik (Pune (India)).

Interview

The process was too lengthy. It took almost two months and 9 different tests, exams, group discussions and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Should Sandvik spend a part of its profit on environment?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sandvik (Pune (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

it was good

Marketing and Communication Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvik (Pune (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

I had got the call from the HR for this job . As I have persued MBA in marketing so prepared my self for the interview as well as studied about the organization . Then got the interview date . My interview was taken by my manager . There various questions related to my projects which I had done during my MBA . Questions about my expectation from the organization was asked by the manager . Then i got the call from the organization about my selection .