Sandvik Mining and Construction

2.7

Operational Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction in February 2014.

Applied on line on LinkedIN. Did a phone interview, then a person to person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer did not ask any difficult questions, but seem to focus on the job being more of a clerical position.   View Answer

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction.

Engineering manager starts with a phone interview. Simple questions to learn about past experience. After that, half day interview on site. Interview will consist of talking to HR, engineering manager and future peers. Depending on works, future peers will have university level questions to ask. Mine was on mechanics of materials, weld calculations and drawings.

Interview Questions
    • What is stronger, an I beam or a beam with a square cross-section with the same cross-sectional area as the I-beam. Explain why.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction in July 2010.

Contacted old cooworker, who help me to arrange an interview

Interview Questions
    It was easy, I tald what t want, they come back with what they were willing to do

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction.

Got in through Campus Interview.. started with GD and then selected 1 candidates for PI.. then another final round of PI for last 5 candidates.

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction in November 2011.

Initially interviewed through recruitment agency for a payroll accountant position. I accepted the offer and then interviewed internally for the fleet manager position. Both occasions were swift processes. Initially as am external applicant I was drug tested and medical testes for hearing and lifting. The sandvik culture is great and friendly with few bad apples.

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction in June 2010.

college campus

Interview Questions
    • explain the power generation in thermal power plant?   View Answer

because the offer was not satisfactory.

Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction in January 2010.

The Interview Process-
    Met the VP of Human Resources and the Finance and Administration Manager.
    A lot of indepth analysis was made on account of the kind of experience and exposure obtained so far.
    The technical and administrative skills were being elaborately analysed and the communication and presentation skills were an added advantage.The Company offered perks and benefits commensurate to industry standards and had on the job training packages as well for those involved with the improvisation of systems and processes.The Work Culture was discussed in detail in terms of integrated work ethics and conducive work environment.

Interview Questions
    • The technical details involved with independently handling the consolidation of the accounts and ensuring accuracy as per IFRS standards.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was reasonably tough but the management had fair business practices and so it was worth the deal. It is not important to focus on just the monetary gains if unprecedented levels of integrity is the candidates focus.